APC Forum

Ammonpulver; Smokeless Lift

Arthur

I'm looking for some smokeless lift, I looked at ammonpulver which looks good. Does anyone have real experience making and using small amounts as lift.

Can it be milled -does it need it?

it is extremaly slow, and super hard to ignite. i can't imagine how swiz and germans used it for cannons in 17-18 centuries. Edited by Oinikis

it is extremaly slow, and super hard to ignite. i can't imagine how swiz and germans used it for cannons in 17-18 centuries.

Its something like smokless gunpowder, it burns slow, but then it's tightly contained it explodes. I don't think it's gonna work nice as lift since it needs very big compresion and it's highly hygroscopic.

No, no, and NO!

The only thing that could come close to smokeless lift, is smokeless powder, nitrocellulose. Then to top that off, it doesn't burn fast enough to shoot anything without proper confinement. It's just not going to work in a pyro application.

• 2 months later...
it needs thermic ignition. it was used in first world war as a replace ment for black powder...it was used for arttillery shells .which are fired as any shell is..it usually had a little bp mixed with it to help with ignition ...it can be detonated and is considered as an high explosive...many people have tried but as far as i know no one has found a use for it in fireworks