APC Forum

Un happy with pyro company

kpknd

I ordered from Hobby Chemical supply, after a few weeks I inquired about my order several times and heard nothing. I called them a three times and got an automatic forwarding message. So just incase they might be there I sent them a canselation .

Harry got my business now.

I've always been happy with their service. Boxes arrive promptly and are well packed.

I order from them probably 2-4 times a year. I've never gotten a reply from them using email or phone, but I've never had a problem with an order. I always get a email saying my order shipped the next day. Did you try ordering fuels and oxidizers together?

I have had the same kind of deal as carbon with them. Always get my orders within 3 or 4 days.

i made my first order from them and all was well just had to send an email with a photo of my ID

Isn't that Karl's company? He has been very good to me though I mostly buy from him at PGI.

I've had great success with ordering from them. Have you submitted some form of photo ID as proof of age? If I remember correctly, you need to submit one before they will ship your order.

I don't believe that Karl runs this one. Hobby Chemical Supply is based out of Iowa. Everything Karl is involved with seems to be based out of somewhere in Illinois or Michigan.

I've had great success with ordering from them. Have you submitted some form of photo ID as proof of age? If I remember correctly, you need to submit one before they will ship your order.

Yes I did. In fact I made my first order to be payed with check or mony order, then I re ordered to use my CC and informed them that I changed my payment option. Later

I saw on thier order status that it showed two orders for the same thing with two diferent invoice numbers. I tried to contact them to eliminate the first order, no luck.

Edited by kpknd

There may be the problem. It's possible they don't know which payment method you really want and are waiting for the check to clear bank or arrive for the order. You said you tried to call and it sounds like an email or another call attempt would be in order to find out what's going on for sure.

I've ordered from HCS before and had no problems. Quick to ship too.

Kpknd one bad thing about this company they never answer there phone but i have made 10 or more orders and never had one bit of trouble. I believe you will get your order.