APC Forum

What is driving people to do this crazyness?

Bobosan

Article read today;

http://www.theblaze....e-traffic-stop/

The connection to our hobby is towards the end of the article.

"Stanko said eight 40-round magazines were found inside Gilkerson’s car, as well as some disturbing reading material (e.g., Backyard Rocketry: Converting Model Rockets into Explosive Missiles and Homemade Detonators: How to Make Them)."

Are we now reading "disturbing" pyro books? Orwell's 1984 is occurring 30 years later.

Well, "Backyard Rocketry: Converting Model Rockets into Explosive Missiles" hardly pertains to legitimate amateur pyrotechnics. Also, from what I can tell based on Amazon reviews that it is a shoddy book, perhaps satirically written, that in no way provides any useful designs for actual weapons.

You have to take at least half of what the news says as beeing uninformed.

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see...

I'm in agreement with you guys and the books are questionable references. Point is, the media and authorities fuel paranoia.

You can take a soccer mom and turn her to a "terrorist" just by looking at her cleaning supplies.

IMHO, what is happening is the very beginnings of revolution. When a nation gets to a certain point, the people groups no longer join together and battle a single enemy but start to battle the governance. This has been repeated numerous times in history yet we are surprised each time it takes place.

There is a very good book written by Johnathan Chan called The Harbinger that speaks of the the protection the United States has experienced for the past 200 plus years that has now been breached. In this Post-Christian world, anarchy reigns and any whisper of any moral being is dismissed as foolishness causing fundamental believers to strive for a correction in the morality of the world.

Muslims consider true believers in any religion to be exempt from their holy war since they do not work to take away or destroy the tenants of their beliefs but bolster them. It is the erosion of elemental beliefs caused by modernism that causes the desire to destroy those that dilute the faith.

It's all history people, we have been at this for thousands of years, since Abraham had two sons...

Dag- I know I've not been around for a while, but it sure is refreshing to hear that not everyone has forgotten history.

Our best lessons have already been learned... then forgotten just in time to repeat then yet again.

Good to see you around Good Doctor!!

IMHO, what is happening is the very beginnings of revolution. When a nation gets to a certain point, the people groups no longer join together and battle a single enemy but start to battle the governance. This has been repeated numerous times in history yet we are surprised each time it takes place.

There is a very good book written by Johnathan Chan called The Harbinger that speaks of the the protection the United States has experienced for the past 200 plus years that has now been breached. In this Post-Christian world, anarchy reigns and any whisper of any moral being is dismissed as foolishness causing fundamental believers to strive for a correction in the morality of the world.

Muslims consider true believers in any religion to be exempt from their holy war since they do not work to take away or destroy the tenants of their beliefs but bolster them. It is the erosion of elemental beliefs caused by modernism that causes the desire to destroy those that dilute the faith.

It's all history people, we have been at this for thousands of years, since Abraham had two sons...

I'm reading this book... it's scary that in the wake of 9/11 the nation's leader is proclaiming Isiah 9:10 as though it's some verse of encouragement or inspiration! It's not... read on a few more verses and it gets really scary. That whole chapter is a pronouncement of judgment upon ancient Israel for abandoning God's way. The way they're saying this they're shifting that ancient prophecy toward America.

The scarier thing is I doubt they knew what they were saying.

I think we all could use a reading of this book, it could bring us back to where we had the blessings.

If you googled the book, there are actually a lot of critics (in fact it's just about all you find)... which makes me wonder if the book ruffled some feathers.