APC Forum

Gunpowder / blackpowder registration & background check legislation proposed

thirteen

Is it just me or does it seem that it's always those with a "D" in front of thier name always come up with this stuff?
  • Like 1

I find it amazing that the gov't thinks they can regulate safety by imposing more laws on the law abiding citizens because the misuse of the product wasn't enough to stop the criminal, New legislation will make them think twice...

I really don't think this proposed legislation will go far. The BATFE is already burdened with record keeping and Uncle is budget sequestered so badly it's furloughing and cutting back hours on personnel. Costs to implement would overide any "feel good safety" such legislation might bring and not benefit society at all.

Oh yeah, WE need background checks, alright.

But it is WE, as the voters, that need to perform those checks.

VOTERS need to check into the backgrounds of politicians to whom we entrust our liberty and our treasure...our future.

To solve this problem, peeling away the last few layers of the "onion" as it were, we probably can find a MIRROR buried in there somewhere. That mirror shows a reflection of an increasingly lazy "we the people", who are apparently not being very diligent in preserving those liberties, more or less every other November. And WE need to insist that voters are fully credentialed, taxpaying citizens before we hand them that most dangerous of all Energetic Chemical Assemblies, a #2 pencil... BEFORE they step into the voting booth.

Stan

Is it just me or does it seem that it's always those with a "D" in front of thier name always come up with this stuff?

Yup. Correctamundo.

Either that obvious usage, or maybe there should be an added "D" immediately following the "R" as a parenthetic colorful abbreviation of "DUH".

Duh, is just a fractured spelling of "dummy", describing anyone who mistakenly believes they can stamp out wickedness by denying a tool to the hand of the righteous that might be abused by the hand of the wicked.

That's just silly.

I wonder if "The One" would change his tune about golf, if he read of someone killing their boss by clubbing him... with a 9-Iron.

Stan

Edited by goldwingnut54

Alphabet soup. I'll take the Walter Dunham approach.

You might notice the main proponent of this legislation is Lautenberg.....an ailing "DA"(NJ). I'm surprised Reid even considered it but he was just appeasing the "DA's". What's even more surprising is that Schumer "DA"(NY) didn't propose it first but Chucky-poo probably knows it's chances are slim.

Lautenberg is the hoplophobe who pushed the "domestic violence" firearms legislation way back in the day. He also strongly backed the "gun free" school zone legislation.

Edited by Bobosan