APC Forum

Organization

BurritoBandito

How do you organize your pyro tools and supplies? Right now all of my stuff is just kinda scattered around my house and shed in the various places that I may use them. Wooden dowels, random jars of chemicals, scraps of wire, paper, tape, and adhesives litter my abode (especially my kitchen). I am currently in the process of setting up an area of my workshop that is specifically dedicated to my pyro stuff. The problem is that many of my tools are used for other things as well... Any advice on how I can keep everything organized and safely stored/accessable will probably help me to avoid a lot of drama with my wife.

One really good thing to have are interlocking tupperware containers that can be stacked vertically. Obviously when you buy chems from pyro suppliers they tend to come in bins, but the tupperware can be useful for diff types of charcoal, bentonite, etc, I also find it useful to make an under the cabinet paper towel style tape despenser on whichyou can put all of your tapes and even gummed craft paper in one spot. I also have one for cotton string, twine, wire (for e-matches). Get creative, but remember, try to consolidate without creating clutter. DEFINITELY try to keep as much of it out of the kitchen as possible with a wife around :ph34r:

Thanks, I like the paper towel style dispenser idea a lot. I will definitely be doing that as it's much better than throwing everything into a plastic stacking drawer like I've been doing.

Yeah, I get's old real quick trying to dig through a bin of stuff to find something only to realize it isn't even in there hahaha