APC Forum

1lb Whistle Rocket with 4,5" Willow Diadem Ball Shell

VikingPyrotechnics

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself with a video.

It is a 1lb whistle rocket with a 4.5 "ball shell. ( Willow Diadem )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du0JwqH3QoY

Hope you liked it and have a good time here.

VP

Edited by VikingPyrotechnics

damn that is so beatifull. the tails of the stars looked metalic, and i supposeit should be charcoal ones. did you added any metal to the stars, or that was poor color pick-up?

Congratulations, That was an awesome piece. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Excellent, very beautiful shell.

Dan.

Hey Viking, glad to see you made it to the forums. We could use some nice inspirational pyro around here.

Man I thought that fuse was going to light that thing about 3 different times before it finally got to the motor and took off. That shell was absolutely beautiful with the hang lasting so long. What was the mesh and percent of FeTi in them?

Oinikis, Diadem usually refers to a lacy FeTi effect that looks just like that. Willow diadem is basically your typical willow comp with addition percents of FeTi, and sometimes Ti.

Hehe.

I have the fuse a few times fixed on stick.

I used 70 mesh Fe-Ti. (9%) and added an additional 3% 40 mesh

flaky Ti

Diadem literally means crown. To me a diadem shell needs to have a jeweled tip as opposed to a crown chrysanthemum, but they probably are able to be used interchangeably. Willow diadem is the name given to the formula from Independence Fireworks, not necessarily always an accurate description of the effect. Brocade is probably a better description of the metallized willow effect itself.