APC Forum

This is not good!

kpknd

Acording to Boston.com, the boston bomber baught a couple of Lock and load Shell kits from Phantom fireworks in Seabrook, NJ and took the componants apart to build his devices.

Now what?

There would be a couple pounds of lift in those 2 kits. Like the incident in NY a few years ago, it will be fuel for the anti-pyro crowd. I would be surprised if any changes were made on a National level though.

It is quite clear that one or two boxes of class C shells is not capable of what happened in Boston. While I'm sure people will get all up in arms about it, they're already illegal in MA. I'm actually slightly relieved that it's being linked to something class C instead of finding out that they made their own black powder or something.

There is still a lot of investigating left to do on this one, and if the UK press is anything to go by papers never let facts get in the way of a good story. Information in the papers is usually not accurate in detail.

Yeah I have to agree with Mumbles. It was concerning me that initially it was stated that he was making his own BP for the device, so there's some relief to that, however if someone wants to go far enough with it theres no doubt in my mind that they would still blame it on BP to begin with and then it's all down hill from there. Lets hope it doesn't come to that. I would hate to have to stop doing pyro so soon because of this.

It sure does suck to fear how your own government will react to a tragedy more than the tragedy itself.

It sure does suck to fear how your own government will react to a tragedy more than the tragedy itself.

You got that right! damn shame, it is.

I agree it seems unlikely that there will be a national "C" ban. Too many people would be up in arms about that.

I think the worst scenario for hobby pyro in the US would be if there were serious roadblocks against both consumer fireworks and building. The clubs may lose too many member to operate as they do now. In that sense I like the idea of keeping consumer fireworks around as a safety net for the rest of the club activities. I say that despite the constant, annoying high pitched popping sounds!

I'm actually slightly relieved that it's being linked to something class C instead of finding out that they made their own black powder or something.

AMEN!