APC Forum

Peep cato

brimstoned

Mebe a little more charcoal...

Edited by brimstoned

Little too large of files for me to check out. If you post clips to YouTube you can now make it so that the videos are private except for those who are given a link. It's a pretty convenient way to post and view videos on forums without making them public elsewhere.

I will check that out, NightHawk...thank you!

• 1 month later...
i just bought 1/2 inch nozzleless tooling. i used 75,15,10 screen mixed bp it cato"ed . think ill wait a while b-fore i use it again lmao

Pressed or rammed?

i just bought 1/2 inch nozzleless tooling. i used 75,15,10 screen mixed bp it cato"ed . think ill wait a while b-fore i use it again lmao

Not enough compression, plain and simple. I run lightning fast 75/15/10 6 hour milled balsa BP in my 1Lb nozzless, no binder or anything to slow it down, pressed at 10,000psi on the fuel grain. Pushes 4 inch shells effortlessly... The same fuel should be a non issue for a 1/2 inch motor if compacted properly. If screen mixed fuel is catoing its just not consolidated well.

it was rammed.and screen mixed ballmill is on the way. thanx

• 2 weeks later...
You really need to add some oil/vaseline/wax to the fuel. Dry, dusty bp does not make for the best hand rammed rockets. If you have some mineral oil, screen in about 3% and see if you don't get some flying rockets from that. Milling the powder will make it faster, it's not going to stop blowing up because it's faster.

• 2 weeks later...
am going to try the mineral oil thanx