APC Forum

Share The PYRO Love with Newbs

KI4BHG

the best starters for sharing the rewarding world of pyro with new enthusiasts is the idea behind this thread. so the topics and post here should keep in mind, SAFTEY (First and Foremost), skills: tools & materials required and the cost of the projects mentioned. so here are some great options for your first adventures in the magical are of pyrotechnics MINES, ROCKETS, SPARKELERS, GERBS (fountains) & SMOKE BOMBS. So my experienced fellows lets getem' started on their new hobby with good direction and great reward.

first and foremost there are few steps to getting started #1 SAFTEY please read the safety section on this forum (http://www.amateurpy...forum/7-safety/) it contains lots of great infoand don't be afraid to ask questions we all want everyone out there to be safe. #2 supplies there are lots of great places out there on the web to find what you need for a project IE. skylighter, pyro direct, americanpyrosupply, ebay (be careful with sub quality items on ebay), firefox and many many more. #3 making blackpowder #4 construction (if you post a formula on here please include detailed instructions on assembly, mixing and so on, link to these are fine) so my fellow old-timers lets get to work and keep our hobby alive by growing it Edited by KI4BHG

made mines using flying fish fuse with my 4 year old daughter very quick simple and cheap skylighter offers a kit and detailed instructions for those of you that don't have this stuff laying around http://www.skylighter.com/fireworks-mines-kit.html very cheap I suggest ordering two. great start for new pyros and good detailed instructions http://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/flying-fish-fuse-mine.asp

!/ Read lots and remember a bit of it.

2/ Learn about BP and learn to make it WELL, save the cr*p BP for fountains

3/ Make lots of fountains!

• 3 months later...

super simple fountain 60-80% ultra fine meal and the balance titanium or other metal. works best chocked or nozzeled.

ps if you dont know what meal is then you are not ready for pyro kepp studing

www.firesmithtools.com Ben Smith runs this website and offers great fireworks tooling.

Ben also has good tutorials on making comets, and whistle & strobe rocket fuels.

www.wichitabuggywhip.com/fireworks/index.html Dan Creagan who is the PGI president this year runs this website.

He has a lot of tutorials and in depth information on different types of charcoal and their performance.

He also has a lot of information on making different types of whistle & strobe fuels and the formula's.

Dan provides a wealth of information on his website that will help anyone just starting out or experienced.

www.pastimepyrochemicals.com Jeff Belmont runs this website and has some of the best pricing and service for

pyrotechnic chemicals used to make most fireworks items, located in the USA.