APC Forum

My Zinc-Sulfur and KNO3-Mg Flashes, they look beautiful.

DubaiAmateurRocketry

Hey guys i did some flash powder test they look good, ill use ZnS for my rocket soon.

Here is my Zinc - Sulfur rocket fuel test. 0.3 gram.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152738861100707

post-16145-0-68417800-1365603791_thumb.jpg

Here is my KNO3 - Mg flash powder, 0.2 gram.

https://www.facebook...152738434525707

post-16145-0-18909900-1365603727_thumb.jpg

Thanks for watching, Please like & share

Edited by DubaiAmateurRocketry

• 4 weeks later...
You still are not inspiring much confidence. I really suggest you find other places to begin. Salutes are probably the worst place to start, draw the most unwanted attention, and the device that gives the hobby the biggest black eye.
  • Like 1

If it's a hobby you love, you'd actually show some respect for it. Your post really says it all. You can claim you're no beginner, but your post and statements say otherwise, at least as far as legitimate pyrotechnics go. I'm in no way trying to dissuade you from the hobby, just suggesting you find a better place to start. Some reading and research probably wouldn't hurt either.
  • Like 1

i started my pyro from BP spinners and helicopter fireworks. then came rockets, fountains, and only after bigger amount of time came firecrackers, and finaly shells. i started using FP recently only to boost the shells, but before i just didn't.

unbelievable. :wacko:

Also I have no reason to be on this forum. I originally made this account to post one topic that contained a link to my how to video on smoke bombs/other pyrotechnics videos but then I realized your all stuck up people that think your "professional" and think that it gives you more rights than everyone else to do pyrotechnics since your "professional". So if I were to post it you would go off that I'm not making it the "right way". So bye peace no drama just bye. Simply nothing, no drama its online you shouldn't be pissed just no, nothing just bye.Back to to

I'm sorry to hear that you can't listen to reason or advice of people who have been through this, and have some real experience. Still, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Feel free to come back when you grow up and stop acting like a spoiled, entitled little asshole.

• Like 1

I don't post often, but I should.

There are no more frightening disasters in the history of energetic substances than with flash. Bigger? sure. More deaths? Absolutely. But you can go from just a few "safe looking" ounces of flash, to not having any hands, eyes, eardrums, or windows in your house so fast you won't believe it. Sometimes inexplicably...even months later.

You can't be old and wise until you've been young and foolish, and you Royron, my young friend...are being a little foolish. We've all been there. But there is NO point in you getting all offended. You are being warned for a reason. Your health and safety, is on the mind of your respondents, BUT so is the future of this time honored hobby, which DEFINITELY seems as wobbly in this country as it has ever been.

I'm probably wasting my time telling you this, but you ought to listen to your elders on THIS board. Your parents may not know the risks. No one is saying you are nuts for liking salutes. But there are soooo many dangers involved with which you clearly are unaware. And this community doesn't want discourage you from learning the hobby.

Truth is, many of us here were bitten with the bug at your age... and younger. I probably speak for some of them as well, recalling the HORRORS I was spared as a youth.... by God Himself, or perhaps just dumb luck.

Learn safe practices by handling substances and quantites that are more forgiving of errors. Then come back to this board as a maturing pyro...perhaps in years (or decades) sharing your great ideas. Youthful arrogance will get you nowhere, and that more than anything else is why you got snapped at.

And you of course are correct, we can't stop you. But keep reading and learning. Patience is hard at your age.

Edited by goldwingnut54

Problem solved. He's been shown the door.

There's no cure for stupid, and he's got that in spades.

Wow....

What a wordsmith you are!

{Edit: "What a wordsmith you wuz" would be more like it, since the infantile ranting has been quickly purged}

Edited by goldwingnut54

• 6 years later...

Wow....

What a wordsmith you are!

{Edit: "What a wordsmith you wuz" would be more like it, since the infantile ranting has been quickly purged}

“Wordsmith”? You must have read my sons story “The Cryopod to Hell”