APC Forum

Disturbing thought.

TritonPyro

I found out that a friend had been visited by the SPECIAL BRANCH police after he had bought a kilo of KNO3 from eBay . Apparently it is common to peruse the buyers. This is a guy that makes star shells and is not a flash nut. It bothers me that they insisted he had to have a licence. After pursuing this, he found out they meant black powder for BP guns and the matter was forgotten. It worries me that at any time the police can gain access via a search warrant. I just want to make star shells. I have never used flash, only Benzo for breaks and BP for lift. Bit disconcerting.

Well if that was the case then I would say I guess it will be a bad crop of tomatoes this year! Oh and food grade KNo3 is used daily in food production maybe the information you had was not 100% a search warrant would need good evidence to be issued and special branch well no but there is a terrorist line people can call if suspicion is raised a kilo of salt sold on flea bay investigated I doubt it.

They did not turn up with a search warrant Mia, they just wanted to ' talk ' I said that they could with what they told him. They also said that the purchase on eBay was what brought up the visit and wanted to know what was he making with KNO3. Still scary.

UK police certainly do peruse ebay and look for obvious items, which is why several reputable ebay vendors don't sell oxidiers

Of course they do and so do independent security firms I would say don’t buy from eBay then but I really fail to see how a kilo of salt would draw this much attention unless he she had a very volatile purchase history?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm really concerned about the new EU legestaion on explosives. I'm a bit of a pyro nut, and these new regulations and rules are going to kill all European hobbyists completely. The only way to get around it would be to have an expensive liscence!