APC Forum

My Accident

unlisted

I never try my own powder in a cardboard casing, I begin to prepare my powder and i use hot glue endplug and a sparklers fuse, Probably make a nice boom like a m-80 :P

If you use Low Temp hot glue you'll be ok.

Glue your bottom plug first and let it dry. Then fill your tube with BP and if you're nervous about the glue againt the BP put a cardboard or tissue paper plug in it, then glue the second plug on top of that.

They're really fast that way and it's MUCH safer than using a CO2 cartridge. I'm not condoning you make one, but I don't want you to keep using metal for a casing because you don't know another way.

If you use Low Temp hot glue you'll be ok.

Glue your bottom plug first and let it dry. Then fill your tube with BP and if you're nervous about the glue againt the BP put a cardboard or tissue paper plug in it, then glue the second plug on top of that.

They're really fast that way and it's MUCH safer than using a CO2 cartridge. I'm not condoning you make one, but I don't want you to keep using metal for a casing because you don't know another way.

You can also use durhams water putty as an end cap/nozzle. The putty solidifies nicely in the tube after a few hours to days. No need for glue as the plug is in there pretty good. The cure time depends on how much water you use to make your putty solution. Or you could make a mo(u)ld and pour in the putty solution. Once the putty cures in the mo(u)ld you could glue the plug into the tube. I haven't tried this method so I don't know if it will work.

I am uncertain if this is safe though. If there is enough pressure in the tube their might be a slight possibility of having a flying plug pegging you in the forehead.

I am uncertain if this is safe though. If there is enough pressure in the tube their might be a slight possibility of having a flying plug pegging you in the forehead.

No it's not safe. Yes it will hit you in the forehead.....right in the middle of the forehead and leave a nasty bruise. Trust me.

You can also use durhams water putty as an end cap/nozzle. The putty solidifies nicely in the tube after a few hours to days. No need for glue as the plug is in there pretty good. The cure time depends on how much water you use to make your putty solution. Or you could make a mo(u)ld and pour in the putty solution. Once the putty cures in the mo(u)ld you could glue the plug into the tube. I haven't tried this method so I don't know if it will work.

I do not personally like the idea of Durhams in any exploding device, as it becomes a pretty good imitation of a rock. Imagine a nice pebble beaning you at 400-600 feet per second.

ewest has the right idea. I use hotglue on more sensitive comps than BP. I just ball up some tissue paper, seal the tube above the comp, and completely fill in the tube with the hotglue. It doesn't actually contact the 'comp' then.

Artificier, one more stupid post about a metal casing, or even salute in general and I am going to ban you.

OH :o sorry to talk about salute and metal casing !

Whoa damn! The worst i got was a boiling oil burn while sizzled through my flesh, luckiily it was only ths ize of a pinky, but at least i could still move.

\your on th other hand (sorry) prevents you from playing!

How longs rehab gonna take? im guessing that the nerve damage is temporary?

• 1 month later...
That blows, i had similar burns on my shoulder from firing a spudgun with the endcap on loosely. Dididi. Instead of shooting forward it shot a stream of hot gases onto my shoulder melting my shirt to it. Wasnt any fun, no doctors though. Just used a rough sponge to take the dead and burnt skin off and that was it. I cant imagine that on my hands, must suck to to everything.

Normally I use electric matches- this time I did not because of the location, no power source nearby...

I think I am going to purchase one of those car battery booster packs and carry that from now on...