APC Forum

2.5" Canister shell - 15 Cap Plug Ring

JFeve81

I finally got around to using some of the cap plugs I got from Dagabu! Fit 15 of them in a ring. This is the first type of shell like this I've made. Break was BP coated rice hulls with 70/30 flash booster. Time fuse was cut at 1/2 inch. Pretty happy with the way this shell turned out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8scYG3qlM

• Like 1

That was cool :)

Keep up the good work man :D

~steven

Nice shell!

Need to saw the limb off that tree. ;)

Nice shell!

Need to saw the limb off that tree. ;)

It was the only tree in the field and I had to stand under it. At least it didn't have leaves blocking the view.

pretty cool, nice timing, how dit you prime your timefuse?

With blackmatch just folded over the fuse.

Nice shell! Looked like pretty snappy timing. The ring looked a little distorted though, did you mark your end disks before spiking? This can help get more even verticals.

WB

Nice shell! Looked like pretty snappy timing. The ring looked a little distorted though, did you mark your end disks before spiking? This can help get more even verticals.

WB

I did get off on my spiking. The fused side came out looking great. The other end came out slightly off. The verticals were spaced too far apart (or too close depending on your veiw). You can see it in the pics at the begining of the video. The ring came out looking kind of heart shaped but still I was happy with it. That doesn't mean there is not room for improvement though.

I like using 20lb hemp for spiking most of my shells. It's about 1mm in diameter, and very strong. It can really bite into the end disk and shell so that the spiking stays where you want it. On smaller shells, the spiking slipping can be an issue at times. You can find it at walmart for about $4 or $5 for a roll, which contains about 300ft, which is enough for 25-30 3" shells if I'm doing the math right. It's cheaper online and from some dedicated suppliers if you're willing to buy enough to last a while.