APC Forum

What do you say if...

kpknd

You are out doing your thing and someone stops by and asks, how do you make that or will you show me how to do that or where do you get the stuff to do that?

I have wondered that for some time weather it be someone of ordinary joe type or of a dubious irresponsible charicter.

It would be ungood for someone to do something stupid and point thier finger at you.

I think there are a few opinions on this, but most people won't tell them how.

I would say most would either try to deflect such a question or tell them it takes a lot of studying

Me personally I tell them something along the lines of “It takes a lot of time effort and studying before you can make them”

The main thing I do about these questions is to avoid them entirely by trying not to associate with those kinds of people. Even more so if I have any kind of pyrotechnics or explosives.

That is about how I handled it when a visitor came down to my shop and saw my large experimental HP rockets. He asked about the engines and I said I buy them and they are real expensive.

put yourself in their shoes.

What if you had met someone that loved pyro as much as you?

It depends on what they are wanting to learn/make

When I first started I dreamed of meeting someone with similar interests

I tend to say that it takes a good deal of learning to do things safely, but it's not out of reach. If they want to learn more I invite them to come out and do so at a club shoot, which takes commitment enough that people that are just looking for a cheap bang never follow through, but those with a real interest can get their fill. Edited by NightHawkInLight