APC Forum

Paper Tubes for 1lb tooling

Flaky234

Hi,

I live in Europe so it is really hart to get my hands on rocket tools so I would like to know if I can use paper tubes which are 19cm long and have an ID of 19mm (ID +/- 0,2) on any 1 LB tooling?

I want to order from wolter but the shipping costs are 40€...... and it says the tools are made for NEPT tubes can I still use the tooling?

A inch is exactly 19,5mm is it bad if my tubes are 18,8-19,2mm are? thanks

I mean 0,5mm is not so important or am I false?

Thanks

Edited by Flaky234

You dont have to order tooling from the usa.Yes wolter has great tooling but you can buy tubes and tooling from one supplier in europe like Oliverbrown or pyro stuff

Most tooling suppliers, Wolter included, will custom fit the tooling to any tube source you have. Generally mailing a tube sample is the easiest and best, but I'm sure he'd gladly take measurements from you. I'm not confident in the tolerances tool makers use, but a variance of 0.4 or 0.5mm might still be too large. In this case you'd have to cherry pick the tubes.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers!

But there are a few problems I only want a 1 lb tooling and I have looked up the sites you told me.

1) Pyrostuff only has a 24mm endburner tooling and when I google I see they have a 19,7mm(Does this still count as 1lb or not? And has the tooling standart size?) but it is out of stock.

2) OliverBrown only accept credit card I only have paypal or bank transfer....

3) Wolter if I send him one tube it will cost me 35€ and when he shipps the tooling to me it would cost ~160€ so that would be 195€ for a 1lb tooling and that is incredible..

So my only chance is pyrostuff I am going to mail him and ask when the 19,7mm rocket tool will be avaible again..^^

Thanks if you know a other shop where the shipping is not over 40€ tell me please^^

Edited by Flaky234

Hi,

Thanks for your answers!

But there are a few problems I only want a 1 lb tooling and I have looked up the sites you told me.

1) Pyrostuff only has a 24mm endburner tooling and when I google I see they have a 19,7mm(Does this still count as 1lb or not? And has the tooling standart size?) but it is out of stock.

3) Wolter if I send him one tube it will cost me 35€ and when he shipps the tooling to me it would cost ~160€ so that would be 195€ for a 1lb tooling and that is incredible..

So my only chance is pyrostuff I am going to mail him and ask when the 19,7mm rocket tool will be avaible again..^^

Thanks if you know a other shop where the shipping is not over 40€ tell me please^^

Oliverbrown accepts PayPal

Ok thanks :)

Hope he replys to my message for a month I already messaged him and he never replyed....:(

What to you think of his 1 lb tooling?

Is it good or bad?

Ok thanks :)

Hope he replys to my message for a month I already messaged him and he never replyed.... :(

What to you think of his 1 lb tooling?

Is it good or bad?

I have the same tooling it is very good and durable makes very nice rockets

Flaky, I meant to say that if you decide to go with an overseas supplier, they'd likely gladly take measurements that you took yourself. I think they understand the incredible costs involved in shipping and that it wouldn't be worth it to get a tube sample. If you measure a handful of tubes to get averages, any tooling supplier should be able to help you out.

An EU supplier would likely be less expensive for several reasons. I don't have any first hand knowledge of most of their products, but I've generally heard good things about most of the the setups.

Hi,I have order a rocket tooling since 3 month now to oliver-brown,it's a very good tooling,and he made me a special spindle in brass which is longer for making more power,it's really sympathetic,so -maybe- he can slightly modify the tooling for make it fit in your cardboard tube,try to resend him an email ;)

If you want to see a rocket with his tooling,I've shared a video of a 1LB rocket with a 200gr dummyhead,i'm actually searching on a better rocket fuel which i hope lift 300/360gr easily

Edited by yvariro

flaky and I have already corresponded, but I wanted to put this out there in case someone else was looking. I can ship my 1 LB tooling anywhere in the world for $20, cost for the tooling is $80.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers!

New tools will be back in stock within a few weeks ;)

Hi,

Thanks for your answers!

I payed 25USD shipping to switzerland from http://www.firesmithtools.com/ the tools are top notch quality and if you want he will machine the tool to fit the tubes you have for no extra cash.