APC Forum

Girandola

PyroCube

Hi all

I`ve seen a few videos about these wonderful peaces of pyrotechnics now, and I wonder why there aren`t more threads in this forum?

I will build one of those soon, I know the basic structure of a Girandola but it would be quite a damage If it won`t work well.

I plan to use 6 15mm endburners on my Girandola, 2 slow burning for a little spin before the starts, maybe in half burn time, the 4 lifting motors start to lift my Girandola hopefully enough high in the air.

They will be arranged to get a little more spin to the Girandola, like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAVQRYEePo

What do you think about it? Is there a high chance to fail, maybe a poorly designed launch pad could cause a failure?

How long should the launch stick be?

I hope some of you have built Girandolas yet, there are a few quite impressing videos on Youtube...

Greets

Edited by PyroCube

Make sure you use good materials (e.g Aluminum Foil) so as not to passfire everything if you are going for multiple stages...drivers...headers...reports.

My first advanced multi-stage (see profile pic) was going up real fast and real nice and then everything passed fire and went BOOM!

Yes it was in front of a Grandmaster/Ned and yes he sure got a kick out of it while I was a bit embarrassed. I have the vid somewhere and can send it to you to review. The best part was watching it in slo-mo after partaking in the fun while it lasted :P

Edited by Hoppy

Hoppy, the Slayer 'dola sure was entertaining. Let's do it again.