APC Forum

Very Clever Full Auto Battery Gun

NightHawkInLight

I stumbled on this today:

Here's the schematic: Full auto 55 cal AA battery gun 600 RPM diagram

He's got a safety release valve sealing the outlet to the air release for the sprinkler valve, so the air release will only stay open until the tank drops below 80 PSI. The safety valve then closes rapidly as pressure drops after each shot (allowing the bolt to reset and another round to be loaded) then opens again when the pressure is quickly refilled by the attached air compressor. Easy full auto. It can be made semi auto simply by removing the safety valve or dialing it down so it stays open at lower pressures. Wish I thought of that.

Pretty cool. I'll have to take another look later this week when I can get on a computer. Phones not the best for diagrams. I've allways wanted to build a quad barreled anti-aircraft potato (or something a little more enviro friendly then batteries anyway) gun and this might give me a push in the right direction.

• 4 months later...
Hehe I saw this before joining this site and the drawing is not very detailed in the end you would have to make your own design.I wonder what the most efficient barrel would be to equalize accuracy and power.