• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Shellaxd

Shellaxd

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

Was in a club for a while (might join again, spendy) and was bitten by the bug when I saw other members with their lovely creations that had incredible results.  I've always had an interest, but after that I was taken.  It's fascinating, being able to create such noise and color from what is mostly just cardboard packaging and industrial byproducts.  :wub:

#42 SKC

SKC

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Pyrotechniques

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:26 AM

I try to make fireworks because it brings smile on my wife's face. My joys are immense when she praises me.

#43 memo

memo

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:gold mining, now fireworking

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:27 PM

Making fireworks gives me something creative to do. the payoff is when my friends and neighbors yell and clap when you launch a good shell. or even better when you launch a big shell and everyone goes nuts. that gives me a special feeling..

#44 OldMarine

OldMarine

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Interests? Everything interesting!

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

When folks OOH and AHH over the things I build I love it!

Come on! Name one other hobby in which you cheer as your money and hard work go up in smoke!

#45 stix

stix

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:Pyrotechnics, Model Rocketry, Programming, Photography

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:13 AM

I cannot (or are not allowed) to do the things I truly feel, but pyrotechnics has a lot of avenues to explore.

One day, you can be exploring various glue compositions, and the next, thinking about electronics for your newly devised test stand to measure a rocket motor performance, then wondering if NC lacquer made from ping pong balls is good enough for Dragon's Eggs.. etc... etc...

It doesn't matter, because this forum has many people with lots of knowledge, in many areas - that's what keeps me interested.

I do hope to get over to the US in the next few years and participate in a PGI event. Now, THAT would be a culmination of my, um... excitement?... can't even think of the word right now.

• Sparx88 likes this

I just start the conversation - someone else has to question them.

#46 Sparx88

Sparx88

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:05 PM

stix, you and me both. I live in the us and haven't yet been able to make it to a pgi event. And like you said, just going to one is one thing, but to participate with our own creations is the icing on the cake.

I do pyro for the challenge and knowledge, and the fun / satisfaction of having it all work out.

.
Finding solace and comfort on my path of pyrotechnic illumination and enlightenment. Painting the sky with strokes of vibrant anticipation and freedom. From spark to spark, the chain reaction of beauty and power that ignite the imaginations and inspirations of young and old alike.        -my pyro sparxs- 

#47 Fuzzpluskc

Fuzzpluskc

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

I do this for me, and me alone. The personal satisfaction of making something so beautiful and knowing that I did that. The byproduct of teaching my kids,is a bonus. Watching the look on there faces when there own mixes work. (Supervised by dad of course. My son is 8 and daughter is 6.)

Funny thing is, although my beautiful wife is supportive, she doesn't give a shit about fireworks. as long as everyone keeps all appendages in tact. And i don't blow up the garage.
  • Sulphurstan likes this

#48 dlking59

dlking59

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

I like the smell and the looks. Gives me self-pride when I accomplish a goal. I love the looks on my grandkids when one is a success and they laugh and yell with delight.

#49 MudDuckPyro79

MudDuckPyro79

Pyromaniac

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Rockets and ariel shells and crossettes

Posted 07 September 2019 - 05:20 AM

Nothing better than seeing something that you made from scratch light the sky with magic. I say magic because everyone in my family just can't figure out how it all works and is made. The smile on everyone's face after they see what can be made with patience and time. I live it all...
  • memo likes this

#50 dlking59

dlking59

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:39 PM

It's kind of like fly fishing and fly tying. Caught my first trout on a fly I tied and was greatly satisfied. When I make a piece of firework and it works I feel a sense of pride/accomplishment. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users