APC Forum

3",5" and 6" solid hemis (no holes)

DanielC

Recently, I have not been able to find any solid hemis. Everywhere I have looked has the same casings with two pre punched fuse holes on both sides. I know they say just tape over the holes, but It is a weak spot and it affects the breaks. I actually had a 3" flowerpot on me NYE.The only place I found solid casings was MortarTubes, but the shipping was ridiculously high. Several suppliers say they are transitioning away from the punched casings, but they are still trying to unload all of their old inventory first. I know they are out there, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks

If you are in america contact pyrodirect on their website they say that they are going to change to solid balls if you live in europe pyrogarage all their shells have no holes i believe they ship international too.

You can get Lidu brand hemis by the case from ACE Pyro / Fire Art. You can get them by small orders from Jim at Hobby Horse.

I have bought hemis and other supplies from both places.

Several places are simply out of stock, and have been for a several weeks. There is probably 10 websites that are switching over to solids, but they won't give you a choice.

Thanks for the info I will definitely check them out.

You could, I prefer the ones that are solid. The fuse holes never seem to be the right size for what I want and when used as rocket headers, I only want one.

Bonus for me, is that I can get stuff easily from Ace if I want a case, or I can get a handful of hemis from Hobby Horse when I buy rocket tubes.

Pyrocreations has 3" w/1 hole.

• 4 weeks later...
Is anyone else noticing a shortage of paper hemis. Pyrodirect is changing suppliers. Mortar Tubes has them but their shipping cost is an insult. Anybody have a good souce. I may have to try my hand at making them.

I am seriously considering getting a case from Ace Pyro... even if shipping is expensive to Taiwan, it is still worth it compared to getting it in small amounts... unless someone knows where I can get a case directly from China at lower prices.

I ended up buying solid hemis from Hobby Horse. I don't need 4 fuses in a shell. I have gotten solids from Pyrocreations many times, but it seems there must have been a great buy on these crap pre punched shells because everyone has them. Its kind of like the 750 foot roll of crappy time fuse I have decorating the wall of the shop. Anyway, the last hemis I got had 2 holes in both sides, top and bottom. By the way, thanks Nater. I have been too busy with work lately and haven't been on lately.

Eddie at Nite lites ( now little china fireworks) has the best prices on case lots.

They aren't Lidu but good quality hemi's and total cost including shipping is less than most charge just for the hemi's.

Eddie is also great to deal with.

No website, you need to email or call, ask for a catalog

No holes

I got a case of 8" last week $85 shipped

ewpyronl6009@yahoo.com

270-879-9340

Edited by Algenco

I was hoping you would post that Al. I have heard nothing but good things when dealing with Eddie, but I have not bought from him myself and could not find his email address. I am lucky to have a few great dealers up my way and can avoid shipping for most everything.

I was hoping you would post that Al. I have heard nothing but good things when dealing with Eddie, but I have not bought from him myself and could not find his email address. I am lucky to have a few great dealers up my way and can avoid shipping for most everything.

If you ever get the chance to meet Eddie you'll love him, he's a hoot!!

^^ Yeah, definitely a good guy to buy from....I bought 6 cases of hemi's the last time I placed an order - prices are VERY reasonable as well as being a super nice guy.