APC Forum

half cored black powder rocket

val77

I will be to test this method, it was a total success!

It consists of drilling a core of 50% of the length of the grain of black powder

a sktech for ilustrate this

http://i15.servimg.com/u/f15/16/97/86/45/semi_c10.jpg

video tomorrow ;)

Basically what you made was a core burner with an extra long delay section.

what size is the core dia and length, im sure this will have less power than a fully cored 60/30/10 rocket, unless the short core is narrower to make up for it.

Someone in the uk ( ed ) uses 3 hour milled bp with this construction, the motors are 4 inches long and cored to 45mm, basically an endburner with a bit of a core, they are quite pokey and can lift a fair amount, im guessing over 150g.

Im toying with this idea myself it has advantages that suit me.

Less charcoal, easier ramming, less fuel, less tubes, will lift a 3 inch streamer shell.

Dan.

Gives me the heebie jeebies walking back up to those once lit fuses,,,don't like that at all especially on a test shot. I give it plenty of time before I walk back. I usually have a trash can lid for a shield when I do.

yes, but in france is not easy to found visco fuse....

Check with the Polish suppliers Keten(.com.pl) or PyroGarage(.pl), they should both ship to France.

It might be wise to have 60:30:10 BP around the core and a bit above it and then 75:15:10. I once made a "hybride" end/coreburner with a stinger spindle and 75:15:10. Needless to say it went CATO :blush:

For no core (end burners), you can use your hottest BP right out of the mill and it wont CATO if made correctly.