APC Forum

Is this Class C?

AirCowPeacock

What this really comes down to is whether or not this could be considered an areial shell, and not salute? I have been told chinese shells are pretty much all flash broken, but perhaps not this quantity.

No. 5 grams of flash is WAY more than the limit for flash in a consumer shell. The limit for aerial effects is 130 Mg. Edited by nater

Several years ago I opened a 1.91" consumer round shell (something I try not to do anymore,) and it sure seemed to have more than 130 mg of F in it. More like , 2 or 3 grams. I've read 130 mg of composition for "any sort of areial report." But I assume that, based on its wording, doesn't mean 130 mg limit for F in any device, just in areial reports. But the purpose of a smoke salute is not the report atall, but the dispersion of chalk dust.

The limit is the limit.

The Chinese often break the rules.

They get around the 130mg by using something other than flash, just cause it's dark and burns fast doesn't make it "flash".

What does the government define as "flash"?

I found 300mg in firecrackers in Taiwan (I mean those chain firecrackers, not boomers), and they are LOUD despite the fact that the flash slow when burned in the open. I have not opened cakes but judging how loud they are, and the amount of flash they make when the inserts break, I'd say 1 or 2 grams in them...

What does Taiwanese products or Taiwanese government definitions of flash have anything to do with what people are talking about here?

Some class c shells can get up to that size, but I think that one wouldn't be a class c because of the amount of flash powder you used.

It's not Class C (1.4g) because you made it. NOTHING that is home made can be considered Class C, regardless of what you put in it. If you make it, it's automatically Class B (1.3g). By the way, the terms Class C and Class B are not used anymore, its just referred to as 1.4g and 1.3g.

if you make it its 1.1g here, surely you cant class an item whether it be 1.1g 1.3g 1.4g class b or c unless it is approved by the gov.

A homemade fountain can be 1.1g

dan.