APC Forum

E-MATCH

thunderboy

I was buying e-match from skylighter but they don't sell 3footers no more, so i bought several batches from pyro direct, had many failures at the 4th of July and New Years eve.

Like more than half,

I ohm them out at 1.0 to 1.4 and after the shoot the e-match won't ohm anymore, and yet the pro dip did not burn either.

What is causeing this is the e-match poorly made to low voltage????

All i know for sure is pyro direct match fails all the time the skylighter ones never failed, useing the same shooting device.

The 1 foot e-match I have from Skylighter (GN5040) ohms out to 1.2

Using the same pyrogen? How about the power supply?

Dirty little secret is that they don't make them, they but buy them. If you get the 50ga wire e-matches, the pyrogen has to be really hot, if you get the 40ga wire e-matches, they take more power to pop but the pyrogen can be BP or another slower comp.

My advice? Buy them from Octavio at ODA and solder the leads on yourself. You get the best there is and you dip them yourself.

-dag

Edited by dagabu

What are you using to fire them? Pro ematches are the most sensitive and reliable, and reliability is what counts. Can you buy pro ematches complete where you live?

My advice? Buy them from Octavio at ODA and solder the leads on yourself. You get the best there is and you dip them yourself.

-dag

I'll second that. I've found that a simple dip in H3 is adequate even for the #50 gauge match heads - no need to use a darkflash first-fire.

Kevin

The 1 foot e-match I have from Skylighter (GN5040) ohms out to 1.2

Using the same pyrogen? How about the power supply?

power supply nothing pop them tested them 1.5, 9, or even 12 won't pop them, and Yes same pyrogen

Dirty little secret is that they don't make them, they but buy them. If you get the 50ga wire e-matches, the pyrogen has to be really hot, if you get the 40ga wire e-matches, they take more power to pop but the pyrogen can be BP or another slower comp.

-dag

Thanks dag can try this just more work before a show

What are you using to fire them? Pro ematches are the most sensitive and reliable, and reliability is what counts. Can you buy pro ematches complete where you live?

I use pro 20 shooter and i have 24 wireless remote shooter,.... Pro as in allready dipped?

I was buying e-match from skylighter but they don't sell 3footers no more, so i bought several batches from pyro direct, had many failures at the 4th of July and New Years eve.

Like more than half,

I ohm them out at 1.0 to 1.4 and after the shoot the e-match won't ohm anymore, and yet the pro dip did not burn either.

What is causeing this is the e-match poorly made to low voltage????

All i know for sure is pyro direct match fails all the time the skylighter ones never failed, useing the same shooting device.

UPDATE MJG Techolodies inc. has contacted me and were working the problem out, as for Pyro Direct nothing... they have been cc on all e-mails but as usual nothing from Kevin but it is expected, they are the worst suppliers i've deal with everything i have bought from them looks used, beat up, even the packageing, and shipping looks like they went down to the local store and took crushed boxes out of the trach bin and taped the crap out of them to hold together.

thanks for the info i am going to be buying the stuff to make ematch from skylighter. i buy all my materials from skylighter and they are great have no complaits about them