APC Forum

Help with aluminum powder

oldsman

Need help on id'ing some aluminum powder i got the other day. It is said to be ECKART 5413 H SUPER.But it is lite [silver] in color. How or who can test this to see if it is what it says to be. Any help on this would be helpfull. Did try to do a search on site but i could not get any good info.

A google picture search may give you some points for comparision. It´s my impression that while Eckart dark is not really that "black" as Indian 000, it´s still dark grey in color. Shiny silver (probably fatty, staining everything silver) is bright flake, atomized is usually a much larger, tangible grain than black aluminum, and light grey in color. Edited by AdmiralDonSnider

It's probably 5413H Super, it's light gray, sort of dense, not fluffy like bright flake. It doesn't have many uses, so why not mix up some of that stuff you ordered it for and go see if it works. Seems like the best test to me, if it works, what else matters? Not many people are going to ship you something that isn't what you ordered.

Thanks for the input guys. one the pics i looked at well it is a pic. can be anything. second the stuff is just like psyco_1322 posted. just got it cause i came across it online and very cheap like 13 dollars 2lbs. free ship. so i got it. just never bought this type before did not belive it was that cheap. thanks again. :)

Thanks for the input guys. one the pics i looked at well it is a pic. can be anything. second the stuff is just like psyco_1322 posted. just got it cause i came across it online and very cheap like 13 dollars 2lbs. free ship. so i got it. just never bought this type before did not belive it was that cheap. thanks again. :)

no way true 5413H for that price, wholesale price by the drum is higher

one lb at that price including shipping would be a steal

Edited by Algenco

are you calling me a lyer? i have it to prove it.

All he's saying is that you got a heck of a deal if it's genuine.

If you post a picture of what you received, we might be able to help. I tried to find a good picture of it online, but everything I found was homemade knockoffs.

This is why i sent this out on this site. cause it was to good to be true. i have it in my hand .what more do you want me to say. just wanted some help with it.dont need to be called well not called but in many words a lyer.thuoght this place was going to be better then the other forums. but i guess not thaks for nothing.

All he's saying is that you got a heck of a deal if it's genuine.

If you post a picture of what you received, we might be able to help. I tried to find a good picture of it online, but everything I found was homemade knockoffs.

well maybe he could of worded it better.will post pic if i can figure out how. taken some pics right after this post. Edited by oldsman

are you calling me a lyer? i have it to prove it.

I'm saying it couldn't be pure 5413H for that price, I would be suspicious of it and the seller

the pics. like i said earlier not sure if real. that way i posted this for help.

ECKART 5413 H SUPER from ebay pic01

ECKART 5413 H SUPER from ebay pic 02

ECKART 5413 H SUPER from ebay pic 03

It doesnt look a million miles away. The super low price would make me a little suspect cos its never that cheap..you may have bagged a bargain ;) Not easy to get an accurate pic of the shade but its quite a bit darker than MgAl

post-10522-0-13371200-1357447432_thumb.jpg

This is why i sent this out on this site. cause it was to good to be true. i have it in my hand .what more do you want me to say. just wanted some help with it.dont need to be called well not called but in many words a lyer.thuoght this place was going to be better then the other forums. but i guess not thaks for nothing.

Wow-man, you need to take a serious step back and understand that these good people are just trying to help you out. Good for you that you got Al for a good price but remember your post to us here... "Need help on id'ing some aluminum powder i got the other day." Rule #1 when asking for help, you may not get the answer you wanted.

-dag

don't bet on it, most of the douche bags on this site think they know it all, don't get me wrong there are a few knowledgeable

pyros here, i will tell you the 3 users who have responded so far are definitely not one of them, lol

well, look who's back

is ment for me or someone else? if me i'm sorry for what i said. i apoligize..

is ment for me or someone else? if me i'm sorry for what i said. i apoligize..

no, the douche bag below

thank you . who can you trust on here ?are is this like a game to some people ? i dont know either one of you but my money is on Algenco.

'streetpyro562' is just an old, pubecent, teenage nuasaince that used to go by scott562, before he was banned by Mumbles. He spends his time making large salutes and calling them 'fireworks.' He has a grandiousity complex caused by some of his insecurities. He is not to be trusted. I advise not speaking directly to him, it will just increase the amount of spamming we will see of him. Mumbles will ban him again, though he will probably just come back under another name. Don't worry, he will be easy to spot soley based on his agression and foolish attitude.

And he's gone, same as the other account he made.

A Big Thank You

BJV

Dont thank me thank everyone who helped in id'ng him. Thank you mods. :D

I suggest a new strategy for dealing with trolls (especially ones who openly post about breaking explosives regs), we could forward IP addresses to the BATFE. I know of a case on another forum where an arrest was made under similar circumstances.

I'd be willing to see if the agent I'm working with on licensing will forward the IP address to the office in his area.

Just got rid of him, and the new account he just tried to make 9 minutes ago. Seriously, how much more anti-social can one person get?

Flyingfish, that's actually not a bad idea. Perhaps send on his info to "To Catch a Predator" too. I have a feeling he might have more issues than just playing nice with others.