APC Forum

school shooting in US

FAGERHULT

Before - http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1216973

After - http://fishgame.com/deblog.php?p=712

Did you know the AR16/15 design and it's clones (ie; Bushmaster) is close to 58 years old? Eugene Stoner will be turning over in his grave if they ban such a popular and well known US martial arm. It's ironic, the emotions of before and after.

...or is it?

Edited by Bobosan

Your saying more guns will make our society safer. That makes no sense at all.

Say what you will, but check the crime stats of states that have a lot of gun control to those with very little restriction. The states with less restriction have less shootings every time. That's exactly what happens. More people carrying legal guns and there's less people willing to risk pulling one for the wrong reasons. AS mentioned by FF, Switzerland has the third most firearms per citizen out of every other country, one in every home minimum by law, and their gun crime rate is the lowest in the world.

I am totally for the 2nd amendment

but, I am a firm believer that military-style assault weapons have no place in U.S. society. my 2 cents.

BJV

Why? My hunting rifle as well as my .22 can fire just as many rounds just as quickly. There's nothing at all special about military style weapons apart from the aesthetics.

In 2009, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, 66.9% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated using a firearm.[4] There were 52,447 deliberate and 23,237 accidental gunshot injuries in the United States during 2000.[5] The majority of gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides,[6] with 17,352 (55.6%) of the total 31,224 firearm-related deaths in 2007 due to suicide, while 12,632 (40.5%) were homicide deaths.[7] (Majority of suicides committed by senior citizens)

The same year there were 33,808 auto related deaths in the United States.

It would be interesting information to know how many gun related fatalities are caused by gang & criminal related elements.

Seventyfive percent of the gun fatalities were caused by a hand gun by an individual 17-34 years of age.(Gangs?)

The last (2) decades has seen a major increase in gun related murders because of illegal crack & meth drug use.(wikipedia)

Outlaw guns and they will go after our Pyro industry next.

the 2nd amendment was put into the constition so that we as a people feel as our government is no longer serving our needs we can get rid of that government in order for that to happen we need the same kinds of weapons as the military because that military will be turned on us as a people. without these weapons good luck fighting the us military

the 2nd amendment was put into the constition so that we as a people feel as our government is no longer serving our needs we can get rid of that government in order for that to happen we need the same kinds of weapons as the military because that military will be turned on us as a people. without these weapons good luck fighting the us military

also remember, when the 2nd amendment was written average citizens owned the most advanced "assaul" weapon known, the Kentucky/Pennsylvania long rifle, far superior to British muskets

I think what most people are saying is that gun restrictions won't solve any problem. People who massacre children in schools aren't normal, and just because they can't get a gun doesn't mean they can't commit crimes.

If the criminals are the only ones that have guns how will that make you safer?

If you make guns illegal, I am sure the criminals will turn in the guns they allready have.

If you make guns illegal, you will create another black market for criminals to make money with.

Prohibition of alcohol worked so well, the mob enjoyed every minute of prohibition making them millionaires.

After 30-40 years of war on drugs, this country has more illegal drugs than any country in the world.

Not to difficult to see what will happen if they try to outlaw the ownership of guns.