APC Forum

Stars and Inserts

thunderboy

here are my stars and coated rice hulls for New Years Eve, I've been busy in november

I commented on youtube as well but must say this. Good job. Wish I had anywhere close to that amount of materials.

I hand rolled (ie using human power and a bucket) some C8 onto lead shot up to about 1/4" size. Turned out pretty good and round. Really want to get a proper star roller setup. Would make things easier for the most part.

I'm only going to have a few 2.5" round shells, at least one 2.5" canister shell, and at least one 1.75" canister shell. Hope to have a few more made up but only time will tell. Will also have alot of commercial stuff left over from the 4th on top of my homemade stuff.

My star roller is nothing fancy, there is a vid on youtube on how to make one mine is close to that one.

My star roller is nothing fancy, there is a vid on youtube on how to make one mine is close to that one.

You've sent me that link before. Just haven't got around to making one yet. Have fun building all those shells.

Looks like it will be a nice show...and that you will get a lot of free time over the next few weeks!

Looks like it will be a nice show...and that you will get a lot of free time over the next few weeks!

LOL after work and all weekends

i think you need some more stars... ;)

Nice! You do look a tad short on hulls though, how many lbs is that? I recently used 2.5 lbs for 10 4" shells

I wish I was already that far along. I'm hoping to roll the rest of my stars today, which will not be nearly as round or as plentiful as yours are. I'm going to be doing 2 wheels, 6 1.5" double-break cylinders, 3 1.5" starmines, 2 2.25" green ghost mines, and 1 3" cylindrical shell of shells.

i think you need some more stars... ;)

Nice! You do look a tad short on hulls though, how many lbs is that? I recently used 2.5 lbs for 10 4" shells

i have 13 lbs. hope it is enough

I wish I was already that far along. I'm hoping to roll the rest of my stars today, which will not be nearly as round or as plentiful as yours are. I'm going to be doing 2 wheels, 6 1.5" double-break cylinders, 3 1.5" starmines, 2 2.25" green ghost mines, and 1 3" cylindrical shell of shells.

Sweet show your vid after your shoot

nice selection of materials

Thanks, like to change it up for nice looking show

• 2 weeks later...

here are my stars and coated rice hulls for New Years Eve, I've been busy in november

UPDATE 4-6" and 39-4" and 43-3" are made and the sixers and the fours are taped ready to go.

need to dip e- match and add the lift cups, and finish taping the three's.

Had about 1 1/2 pounds out of thirteen hulls left over, and about 1/3 of the stars left over, I think there is enuff to make 20 shells, I'll video all the finished shells before loading in to the tubes.

Nice. Don't think I'll be shooting anything for NYE. My area is under a burn ban as of December 10th and we haven't had any rain yet. Can't wait for the vids.