APC Forum

The arrangement of the contents of my parachute flare rocket

BengalFlair

• MgAl(Magnelium) goes by the name "dhnoka" in local bengali(I learned it from BengalFlair,though used unknowingly for many years, and I should have guessed it).
  • Most shopkeepers will recognize Strontium Nitrate just by "strontium" , or in some cases "strontia" , a shortened version of the archaic "Nitrate of Strontia"
  • Dextrin is sold in Calcutta under the name of Dextrin only, Red gum is often called লাল গদ , copper oxide goes by its own name and known as Cupric Oxide in a chemists shop

My suggestion is stick to and promote technical/scientific names as much as possible

thanks for your help.

thanks for your help.now you can make uron tubri?

• 10 months later...

Beng da what kind of BP formula you should use in Rocket Engine which are carying Parachut and Flaire.

That is a very open ended question and depends on a ton of factors. How big and heavy are your flares and parachute? Probably not very heavy. What size motor are you planning on making? Are you planning on using tooling and making a core burner or end burner or are you going to make a hand rolled and crimped tube?

If you learn to make rockets this won't be a hard question and you won't need to ask. Learn how to make a reliable rocket motor and then put the flares on top.

A 5/8" tube with a core with 60/30/10 BP will probably be more than enough to get it up. I don't use hand crimped tubes and assume they are end burners. So you probably need a hotter fuel. Are you milling your BP?

Too many unknowns to answer your question. Learn to make rockets and when you can make reliable motors it won't be hard to do this.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I usually smear a little wood glue to the end of the string and place it on the parachute material (hand creped tissue paper) and also paste a small piece of tissue overlapping the string on it.

I found some parachutes in good condition after firing and honestly speaking that I have made thousands of such rockets with the same arrangement with great success.

I use about half dried tube for crimping. I pull the wire with a pliers (as shown in the picture) while rotate the tube around its axis and tie with the same wire after getting the proper opening.

attachicon.gif hand crimping 1.JPGattachicon.gif hand crimping 2.JPG

nice idea

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...