34 replies to this topic

#21 BengalFlair

BengalFlair

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Pyrotechnics

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

80 or 100 gauge which you prefer for parachute?can i use normal polythin bags?which size parachute i made by polythin that open in air without any obstruction.what you want to mean that hand craped tissue?when i went to buy the hand craped tissue,the seller want to know what is the local name of hand craped tissue.please help.

Both work well but 80 gauge is better for small parachutes. 

Yes, you can use thin and flexible poly bags also.

It depends on size and numbers of flares and you have to fix it by trial and error. 

Hand crape-ing is a simple technique which makes the tissue flexible like cloth.

Take a high quality virgin tissue paper and cut it into the desired size then squeeze it with your palm to make it a ball and roll the paper ball with both of your palms for a while then stretch out the curled paper ball with patience against a flat surface. Squeeze it again to make a ball, roll and then stretch out and repeat the process for a fewer turn till the paper appears like a cloth. Bad tissue papers may tear off during the process but a good one wouldn't.

#22 bidyutbaidya01

bidyutbaidya01

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:many kind of fireworks.i am crazy about rocket, shell etc. fireworks.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

many many thanks for your sugetion.

#23 bidyutbaidya01

bidyutbaidya01

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:many kind of fireworks.i am crazy about rocket, shell etc. fireworks.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

Both work well but 80 gauge is better for small parachutes. 

Yes, you can use thin and flexible poly bags also.

It depends on size and numbers of flares and you have to fix it by trial and error. 

Hand crape-ing is a simple technique which makes the tissue flexible like cloth.

Take a high quality virgin tissue paper and cut it into the desired size then squeeze it with your palm to make it a ball and roll the paper ball with both of your palms for a while then stretch out the curled paper ball with patience against a flat surface. Squeeze it again to make a ball, roll and then stretch out and repeat the process for a fewer turn till the paper appears like a cloth. Bad tissue papers may tear off during the process but a good one wouldn't.

when you post any formula,i am requested to you please use local name,exp: potasium nitrate as sora,sulfer as gondhok etc.you post your red flare formula but i can not understand what i am say to shop keeper, the chemical name they donot understand.please for me use all chemical local name.i am living in kolkata so i prefer bengali term,my hobby is fireworks and i am crezy about it.thanks.

#24 BengalFlair

BengalFlair

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Pyrotechnics

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

when you post any formula,i am requested to you please use local name,exp: potasium nitrate as sora,sulfer as gondhok etc.you post your red flare formula but i can not understand what i am say to shop keeper, the chemical name they donot understand.please for me use all chemical local name.i am living in kolkata so i prefer bengali term,my hobby is fireworks and i am crezy about it.thanks.

There are lots of local languages in India and not only that, this forum is also very popular throughout the world. So it is impractical to just use local (Bengali) terms for those chemicals. Local terms may differ from place to place within a same language region and It is also notable that lot of chemicals have no Bengali terms which are being used in fireworks these days. There are some pyro- chem whole sellers at Burrabazar in Kolkata as I know and it might be better to ask them for your local term. 

#25 sora

sora

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

•  
  • MgAl(Magnelium) goes by the name "dhnoka" in local bengali(I learned it from BengalFlair,though used unknowingly for many years, and I should have guessed it).
  • Most shopkeepers will recognize Strontium Nitrate just by "strontium" , or in some cases "strontia" , a shortened version of the archaic "Nitrate of Strontia" 
  • Dextrin is sold in Calcutta  under the name of Dextrin only, Red gum is often called লাল গদ , copper oxide goes by its own name and known as Cupric Oxide  in a chemists shop

My suggestion is stick to and promote technical/scientific names as much as possible 

Edited by sora, 20 November 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#26 bidyutbaidya01

bidyutbaidya01

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

•  
  • MgAl(Magnelium) goes by the name "dhnoka" in local bengali(I learned it from BengalFlair,though used unknowingly for many years, and I should have guessed it).
  • Most shopkeepers will recognize Strontium Nitrate just by "strontium" , or in some cases "strontia" , a shortened version of the archaic "Nitrate of Strontia" 
  • Dextrin is sold in Calcutta  under the name of Dextrin only, Red gum is often called লাল গদ , copper oxide goes by its own name and known as Cupric Oxide  in a chemists shop

My suggestion is stick to and promote technical/scientific names as much as possible 

thanks for your help.

#27 bidyutbaidya01

bidyutbaidya01

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

thanks for your help.now you can make uron tubri?

#28 bidyutbaidya01

bidyutbaidya01

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

Beng da what kind of BP formula you should use in Rocket Engine which are carying Parachut and Flaire.

#29 FlaMtnBkr

FlaMtnBkr

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:46 PM

That is a very open ended question and depends on a ton of factors. How big and heavy are your flares and parachute? Probably not very heavy. What size motor are you planning on making? Are you planning on using tooling and making a core burner or end burner or are you going to make a hand rolled and crimped tube?

If you learn to make rockets this won't be a hard question and you won't need to ask. Learn how to make a reliable rocket motor and then put the flares on top.

A 5/8" tube with a core with 60/30/10 BP will probably be more than enough to get it up. I don't use hand crimped tubes and assume they are end burners. So you probably need a hotter fuel. Are you milling your BP?

Too many unknowns to answer your question. Learn to make rockets and when you can make reliable motors it won't be hard to do this.

#30 atanumaity21

atanumaity21

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:39 PM

Hi,

I need the tool diagram you used to make this rocket.

Please help me regarding this.

#31 maddy

maddy

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:42 AM

interesting...........

but there is any member who belongs to kolkata....?

• SKC likes this

#32 Bimal

Bimal

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:05 PM

I usually smear a little wood glue to the end of the string and place it on the parachute material (hand creped tissue paper) and also paste a small piece of tissue overlapping the string on it.

I found some parachutes in good condition after firing and honestly speaking that I have made thousands of such rockets with the same arrangement with great success.

I use about half dried tube for crimping. I pull the wire with a pliers (as shown in the picture) while rotate the tube around its axis and tie with the same wire after getting the proper opening.

attachicon.gif hand crimping 1.JPGattachicon.gif hand crimping 2.JPG

nice idea

#33 BENGALPYRO

BENGALPYRO

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:58 PM

Nice

#34 BARUI94

BARUI94

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 07:43 AM

I can't download attached file solution please

#35 chuckufarley

chuckufarley

Pyrotechnician

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:11 AM

You should be able to now. You need to make 1 post before you can download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users