APC Forum

Burnrate of BP with Ti and without

dangerousamateur

Hi guys,

I just do some rockets. The delay is properly tuned by doing lot's of tests, the header allways pops right after the apoge.

Or do you prefer it before?

Anyway:

Right now I use BP with additional coarse charcoal bits above the spindle. But I also want to put some Ti in there.

What do you think will the additional Ti do with my charcoalstreamer mix's burnrate?

Do I need more ore less delayfuel distance?

10% ti-sponge doesnt seem to affect the burnrate, i get about 1 second per increment which is around 4.5g. I use 3-4 increments of delay depending on the header. Edited by Col

10% ti-sponge doesnt seem to affect the burnrate, i get about 1 second per increment which is around 4.5g. I use 3-4 increments of delay depending on the header.

Have you made a direct comparison?

Because I used aluminium before and it shortened the delay/increased the burn rate.

From were can we find Ti scrap metal ?? I really want to try to make some Ti powder....

Please stay on topic. You can ask metal processing companies for turnings ect. But since Ti is rather valuable i do not think you will get it for free. Grinding it down your self is not making sense imho since most alloys are very hard.

Its easy to make direct comparisons of the delay increment burn times using video footage frame by frame. I`m quite meticulous in the way i make rockets to ensure they`re consistant. I`ve alternated each delay increment with and without ti as its easier to track the overall delay timing from the video. The upside of alternating allows you to compare the duration of a single increment with ti-sponge versus one without.