Photo
- - - - -

I would like to state, for the record: Pihko KP Blue #2 was...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AirCowPeacock

AirCowPeacock

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

I would like to state, for the record: Pihko KP Blue #2 was disapointing. Next batch of blue stars will be Conkling Blue #2. The stars looked much more washed out then my old Conkling Blue #2, even after ascending a good 100 feet. My Conkling Blue #2 on the other hand has alwaus produced a deep blue that I have very much so enjoyed. The Pihko KP Blue #2 seemed to peoduce three different flame envelopes, one white, one purple, and one blue.

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:women, girandolas, rockets, new never-before seen effects...

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Good to know...do you have extra stars left? I may need some blue that is washed out (even though I agree with you 100% the deeper blue is much better). I may not be back to your thread, so I would appreciate a PM if you have a chance regarding Pihko KP Blue #2
Member HPA, MPAG, PGI

#3 Potassiumchlorate

Potassiumchlorate

Firebreather

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

If you want really intense blues, you should use either potassium chlorate based ones or ammonium perchlorate based ones. Potassium perchlorate blues suck.
"This salt, formerly called hyperoxymuriate of potassa, is used for sundry preparations, and especially for experimental fire-works." Dr. James Cutbush

Conflo, ergo sum

#4 AirCowPeacock

AirCowPeacock

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Ive been thinking about getting AP, but the price...

#5 Potassiumchlorate

Potassiumchlorate

Firebreather

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Potassium chlorate is cheap ;)
"This salt, formerly called hyperoxymuriate of potassa, is used for sundry preparations, and especially for experimental fire-works." Dr. James Cutbush

Conflo, ergo sum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users