APC Forum

CAKE stars

Zumber

hello guys,

i am going to make some 25 shot 3/4''diameter cake shots and i want some star formula that only consists nitrates,pvc,mg,al,charcoal

and most of important it must be slow burning that can make some 3 or 4 mm stars......thanks for any replies

you can try some charcoal streamers,like C6,C8,willow,and spider stars :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've just been playing with 'Yankee's flash stars', http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/2866-yankies-flash-stars/

Have a good look through the pyrotechnic compositions section, there are a few more suitable stars in there.

i have just tried yankies star with extremely fine(airfloat) atomizes aluminium but my stars burns with constant white than flashing.

I've had no flashing from mine either, with 250 flake Al they're a bright silver and with 200 spherical there's a bit of a delay with but the same result, i'm using very fine airfloat willow so that might be part of the problem. I'm going to replace the airfloat with some hand ground pine and see if that helps, but i'm still happy with it as i'm fairly limited in the chem department at the minute too, it might be worth dropping the amount of Al and increasing the coarse C to make a nice streamer.

Let us know how you get on, There don't seem to be too many star comps out there using basic chems.

yankie mentioned 300 mesh atomized aluminium and I only have access to finest grade aluminium,this could be one of the reason for turning the star to constant white than flashing.

yankie mentioned 300 mesh atomized aluminium and I only have access to finest grade aluminium,this could be one of the reason for turning the star to constant white than flashing.