APC Forum

An easy way to make 'Dragon Flowers'

BengalFlair

How do you or anybody else explain this phenomenon?

Is it because the stars are to hot and thus make the eggs go boom early, maybe even consuming the eggs for some part?

Or is it because of one side beeing lit first, thus causing one side to explode while the other one is still not burning?

When the first assumption is right, it should be possible to put them in some glitters, charcoal stuff or maybe organic colored stars. Or fountains. Have you tried such a thing? Does the problem remain?

I have not sen amateur true dragon flowers looking like from chinese or japanese factories. These stars are round and produce large spark-flowers with longer duration than yours! Granules from sieve method are not good way. Freakydutchmen neted here, that chinese craftsmans make round grains by phenolic resin-binder way.

How do you or anybody else explain this phenomenon?

Is it because the stars are to hot and thus make the eggs go boom early, maybe even consuming the eggs for some part?

Or is it because of one side beeing lit first, thus causing one side to explode while the other one is still not burning?

When the first assumption is right, it should be possible to put them in some glitters, charcoal stuff or maybe organic colored stars. Or fountains. Have you tried such a thing? Does the problem remain?

Many hot primes are recommended for dragon eggs through out the web which contain magnalium, silicon or both of them. One of them from ‘pyroguide’ is KClO4-70, MgAl-20, and Red Gum-10 which is certainly a hot mixture (though I have never used it).

If these hot primes work well with dragon eggs then how would your first assumption be possible?

The second assumption sounds very possible and tallies with my experience. I think when burning touches a point of the primed egg core, the ignition spreads vary rapidly to the entire surface of the whole egg granule through the green mix prime and uniform ignition over the entire surface of the core is a condition to getting it loud.

• 2 weeks later...
Ya know, you can granulete the comp through a screen, then put the granules into a bowl, spray or squirt some acetone, agitatate, and that will consolidate and round off the grains.

• 9 months later...