At first, my aim was to get such a composition which ensure louder single pop, less smolder phase and easily ignite with BP prime. I used lead tetra oxide as bismuth compounds are very much expensive and not easily available here .Wasting lot of chemicals in the long run I found a composition which works great to me. Then I added various mesh and proportion of FeTi to that composition and after some trial and error sessions, I finally got that amazing effect. The composition is as follows:-
- Lead tetra oxide (Pb3O4) 70 % (toxic!)
- Black Copper Oxide (CuO) 12.5 %
- MgAl (50\50) 9.5 % (-200mesh)
- MgAl (35\65) 8 % (-200mesh)
- FeTi (30\70) +15% (50-120mesh)
- PBNC (10%) +20 %( no pyro grade NC available here)
Here is a video which I made last year.