APC Forum

Flea market find

Dean411

A nice meat grinder and 3 lbs of potassium permanganate I don't really have a use for it but considering its availability I figured it was worth the price.

Is the meat grinder to be for charcoal?

The meat grinder is for magnilium grinding. I didn't buy the permanganate for pyro I bought it because its one of those things you cant easily aquire anymore much like hcb and phosphorus .

i can find it easier than most chems, not from pyro suppliers, get some glycerine and keep them in the survival kit.

Save the grinder for charcoal and quench the mg/al if you have the ppe and nerve.

Dan.

• Like 1

It's not a bad idea to get two meat grinders. It does a wonderful job on both charcoal and magnalium. Be careful not to mix them up. You don't want to accidentally add some MgAl your latest batch of BP to be milled. It does a nice job on MgAl if you're more interested in the coarse fractions.

i can find it easier than most chems, not from pyro suppliers, get some glycerine and keep them in the survival kit.

Save the grinder for charcoal and quench the mg/al if you have the ppe and nerve.

Dan.

It can be found fairly easily but since the federal government turned it into a schedule 1 precursor

Its become a bit of a hassle.

It's not a bad idea to get two meat grinders. It does a wonderful job on both charcoal and magnalium. Be careful not to mix them up. You don't want to accidentally add some MgAl your latest batch of BP to be milled. It does a nice job on MgAl if you're more interested in the coarse fractions.

I will be looking for another meat grinder for charcoal right now the price of magnilium is very bad for my wallet. And since I currently have 22 lbs of magnesium I can save more in the long run. I .made six pounds of magnilium but its a little arduous smashing it up