APC Forum

How chinese make various kinds of fuse

Pirotecnia

There are a few guys that have made visco machines for home use. This is one of those things I've always found totally fascinating, and is something on my "to do" list. But so long as inexpensive factory visco is available, I'll probably never do it. The machines are like Swiss watches, lots of components working in unison, to make a product that performs with precision... and that's critical. You cannot have safety fuse or time fuse that burns irregularily.

Making a visco machine is like making your own KNO3... cool but impractical, so long as commercial supplies exist.

I like the process for making the bamboo sticks. Chinese methods are an interesting combination of primitive + clever and efficient.

Oh yes, I can only imagine all the "NO SMOKING!" signs everywhere, especially next to the concrete slabs drying all that black powder. :lol:

• 8 months later...
I recently got a 3D printer and im looking to make a commercially viable fuse machine anyone can easily make or cheaply buy, to bring fuse to all those countries in which fuse is otherwise impossible to get, leagally or unlicensed anyway.