APC Forum

Fountain Compositions

AirCowPeacock

I need to make some colored fountains for this saturday, but don't know any formulas that fit my ingrediants list. I don't have any metal powders except Flake-Flitter Alluminum, I have Sr(NO3)2, KClO4, and KNO3 as oxidizers. My coloring agents are CaCO3, several sodium compounds, BaCO3, CuO, and said Strontium Nitrate. Any help guys?

Parlon, PVC, Airfloat and 36-mesh Charcoal, Sodium Benzoate, Sulfur, Xanthan Gum, Dextrin, Alluminum Flake-Flitter, Sucrose. I've had success substituting Red Gum with 2:3:1 Dextrin:Xanthan Gum:AF-Charcoal mix. I feel like I'm missing one or two. Thanks.

All of the colored gerb comps I have involve MgAl. If you have any star comps you can make, you could try that as a gerb.

There are a few star compositions I can make, but they probably wouldn't turn out as well. If I have to I can just improvise too. Green is always a color Ive had trouble with, loves to turn out white, and I don't know why. Of course I understand it means Im probably not suppling enough Cl, but still. 15% parlon with 10% CuO, CaCO3, abd Sr(NO3)2 work out just fine, but when I try BaCO3 I get an extreamly washed out green--sometimes almost totally white. Its a shame, emerald green is my favorite color.

I would recommend that you press your fountains. Especially if you are using anything other than a straight KNO3, C, S compostion.

You are starting to deal with increased sensitivity.