APC Forum

Top ten brand names please.....

SoundColorfulBird

I imagine this has been done before, but I would like to ask everyone who is in to 1.4g to list what they think are the best ten brand names of fireworks, like Legend, World Class, Shogun, Black Cat etc. In addition, are any of the top brands in the US made in the US? Heck, are any 1.4g made in the US?

Yes, there are some 1.4g products made in the U.S. There used to be some real nice strobe pots that were made here, but that shop recently closed. However, most of the domestic 1.4 product is close prox and not consumer fireworks. Meaning it meets the DOT requirements for storage and shipping for 1.4 product, but not the CPSC requirements for something to be sold at the retail level.

The best brands are hard, as there are many regional distributors that bring in a small or private label. Often the same product can have many product and brand names. Also, just about every brand has good and bad items. This is one of my major complaints with the 1.4 world. It is very hard to keep up with what is good and what is not, as everything changes from year to year.

It is very hard to keep up with what is good and what is not, as everything changes from year to year.

+1

Thanks nater. I'm learning more from this forum than I have on my own in years. I wish pyrotechnic forums had existed 25 years ago. I am gaining amazing insights to the world of fireworks.

Jim

SCB, I know many of these are not near you, so keep your head up and come to a few club shoots or the PGI sometime to get in on the best stuff. Remember you will have to cherry pick from many manufacturers and spend countless hours perhaps on noting consistent brands or products year-over-year.

In no particular order, you should know by now the Top Ten out there...

Winda

Pyro Predator

Pyro King

Forward

Red Rhino

Dominator

World Class

Brothers

United Pyro

Beihai

SCB, I know many of these are not near you, so keep your head up and come to a few club shoots or the PGI sometime to get in on the best stuff. Remember you will have to cherry pick from many manufacturers and spend countless hours perhaps on noting consistent brands or products year-over-year.

In no particular order, you should know by now the Top Ten out there...

Winda

Pyro Predator

Pyro King

Forward

Red Rhino

Dominator

World Class

Brothers

United Pyro

Beihai

Thanks Hoppy. That sound advice. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Jim