APC Forum

Accidents with groundflower´s

Polumna

hi dudes

I lit one of these Groundflowers; thhrew them in the air,

the groundflower made a red flame and after a second, there was a

violently loud report, i would compaer it to to this banger´s

whats the reason why tey act like this one in the video???

polumna

hi mumbles

I just threw them in the air or lit them on the ground but

that didnt make any differences at all.

But the report is pretty awesome and the resulting pieces have a size ranging

from 0,3 to 1cm.

But they are commercial!!!

The charge is out of kno3/charcoal/kclo3/bano3/srco3/aluminium flakes and fine magnesiumpowder. Some HCB(?????) is added too.

They´re very unsafe because u dont know when they will explode.

Sometimes I shut my ears because the report is so loud that it makes my ears ringing.

A flash is there, too

BTW: The sound is equal to the video with the birdbanger (or how would u say in GB/USA???)

that i posted here in this topic

polumna

BTW: The sound is equal to the video with the birdbanger (or how would u say in GB/USA???)

Anything with just a loud report is called a Salute. You can have ground salutes or aerial salutes. They're also called M-80's or flash bombs, but if you call them that on the forum you will probably get yelled at. Salute is the proper term.

M-80's are extremely illegal to make here in the U.S. and the government comes down on people pretty hard if they catch you. Which is one reason talk about them on the forum is frowned upon.

Another reason we don't talk about them is because it's the first thing newbies want to make and it's perhaps the most dangerous pyrotechnic device to make. We'd rather see people interested in the art of pyrotechnics and not just want to blow shit up.

I'm not coming down on you, I know you didn't ask about them. This is mainly directed at others new to the forum.

Probably just shitty ground flowers. I've heard of a few people getting ground flowers and them just being flash salutes. Essentially some company tries to get illegal salutes into the country and they get mixed up with legitimate pyro.

Probably just shitty ground flowers. I've heard of a few people getting ground flowers and them just being flash salutes. Essentially some company tries to get illegal salutes into the country and they get mixed up with legitimate pyro.

Yeah, they do look fairly similar to an M80 without any wrapping on them, the only difference really is the tangential fuse hole.

If the comp was rammed badly, they could well have cracks in the fuel grain, which would allow air in, and could cause a cato.

Although the way they seem to explode so violently and everytime, sounds much more like you accidentally bought some M80s there.

hi dudes

rhese things are not M-80, here is a pictuer from the Groundflowers i use:

polumna

post-7-1162896837_thumb.jpg

Like I said some people try to import illegal salutes and make them look like ground flowers, wrapping and all. Sometimes the salutes get mixed in with legitimate pyro. If they are not straight salutes, they are just shitty ground flowers.

Yeah, its the same as cherry bombs being mixed with smoke devices. Kids were holding the smoke device then they would get a cherry bomb and lose fingers.

Ignoring the legal factor, I think they're a pretty nice effect (compared to a 'straight' ground salute anyway) Rather like the european crackers that spin then explode. Much fun :P

• 9 months later...

it may have been from shipping. ground flowers/blooms will explode when the core is crushed. if you take the ground flower and hit it with a hammer just enough to crush up the powder but not break the tube it will explode similar sounding to a salute.

just a lil firework mod i found one day lmao :P

Last Post: "Posted: Nov 8 2006, 08:02 PM"

Your Post: "Posted: Aug 16 2007, 05:18 AM"

.... try not to do that ...

Pretty much all pyrotechnic devices explode if you loosen the grain... Black powder rockets CATO when there's air gaps in the grain.... Whistle powder detonates when loosely enclosed...

i dont it just happened accidently to my surprise one day lmao

yes whistle mix is the most powerfull of that effect, just look at youtube, i swear they have Tuts on putting wistle mix in a bottle and putting a fuse in it -_-