APC Forum

Atomized Magnesium

AdmiralDonSnider

I keep having troubles to find atomized Magnesium powder in the 100-200 mesh range. It is recommended for strobe stars e.g. by Dave Bleser and seems to work better than the easily available flake and granular grades, which are said to burn continuously due to the increased reactivity.

I´d be interested in sources, especially such in Europe. In the US things seem to be easier in this case, for example Skylighter is selling this special Mg grade. I know that Nitroparis Spain offers a whole lot of different Mg grades, but none of them is atomized as far as I´m aware.

Comments on why this grade is needed are not are also appreciated! Colored strobe stars are the intended use.

Does nobody have a clue on this topic or did everyone just overread this :) ?

There is no atomized magnesium available here in Europe as far as I know. Try to get it from overseas, it should be possible.

pyrogarage.com

Magnesium - 230mesh - Mg

EDIT: didn't read carefully about 100-200 mesh range, sorry.

Edited by ivars21

Looks like you picked a pretty hard to find material . 2mellow.gif

I will keep my eyes out for it as well. Im sure one of the major suppliers has t o have it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I got atomized mag from amazon through "pyrochemsource" the one I purchased was 200-325 mesh. I believe they have it available in other sizes. Great price on their products!