APC Forum

test little starmine with 2 stars

superspike23

Maybe you should try that at night, when you can actually see the color. What was the formula?

Maybe you should try that at night, when you can actually see the color. What was the formula?

the composition is: Hardt Blue Star # 2 potassium chlorate 65 Copper oxychloride 16 lactose 10 PVC 5 dextrin 4 Add 25% alcohol / 75% water

Tonight, three failed stramines :)

1,5g granulate bp for lift

http://youtu.be/iWeUDp8Igjg

Have you considered trying a larger star mine containing more than 2 stars? In my thinking on this, unless there stars are well fitting, there will be a lot of potential for blow by of the lift gases. Are you still using the same batch of BP that you posted a video of in the comet bomb problem? If so, the slow lift you showed there will still be slow lift in star mines. That will have to be corrected if you want to ever get appropriate heights.

• 4 weeks later...

indeed, for small stars that are not suited to the bore i make a cup from a circle of card formed over a dowel with a few holes, like a sabot, it will prevent blow by and maximise height, you can also use less lift with this setup, half a gram should lift a 15mm bombette 40-50ft with lifting aid/ disc to prevent blow by.

Dan.