PGI 2012 - Fire in the Sky

asilentbob

Are you going to PGI 2012 this year?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Are you going?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't decided yet
    • Want to, but feel I wont be able to because of (blank)
    • Other

The last show of the night was bizarre... Good pyro but a little strange with live actors.

-dag

I couldn't see the live actors from where we were sitting. I have my opinion about his show. I don't want to dismiss his talent, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Consider it like genres of music I don't care for. However, the audience really seemed to enjoy it. I really liked how he used close prox. My favorite part of the show was the "Devil Went Down to Georgia" segment. I loved that, especially the sequenced mine runs.

The Chicago Lights show, "My Kind of Town", was simply the best firework show I have ever seen. I am not saying that because many of the crew members are friends. It was an incredible show, Pete's choreography was amazing. The segment for the Bulls was my favorite of the sports team tribute. Hopefully the guild was able to get good HD video for DVDs.

With the rain all day today, I wasn't able to get much built and dried. I made some zinc gerbs to try later this week and pressed a few more rockets. I'm going to compare a club member's sulphurless BP fuel with the hot BP that is usually used with the Hybrid spindles. Just looking at the difference in our tooling, I don't think his fuel will fly on mine. I am curious to see the difference the tooling alone makes. The sun should be back out tomorrow and Wednesday. I am going to try and break in my 3lb tooling with some Super Whistle Fuel, wish me luck.

It was a pretty good convention. Definitely one of the loudest according to a noise aficionado friend.

I got a lot of pics and vids. May post some. Didn't make much, only 4 and 6" spherical shells. Attended a few seminars. Talked to lots of friends, etc...

Was more of a vacation for me.

Edited by asilentbob

Does anyone knows if TR was there?

Yep, we were treated to some of his work on the rocket line too!

Does anyone knows if TR was there?

TR had coffins of rockets to show and tell all convention long. Incredibly nice and personable too.

-dag

I saw your post this morning. I thought it was awfully wise of you edit it, but still somewhat too late. I'll let it go for now, but at least you now know that I saw it.

Yep TR was there (ditto). I think some people need to take lessens from him.

Mark

The line I deleted was rather vague considering the wording.

The Chicago Lights show, "My Kind of Town", was simply the best firework show I have ever seen. I am not saying that because many of the crew members are friends. It was an incredible show, Pete's choreography was amazing. The segment for the Bulls was my favorite of the sports team tribute. Hopefully the guild was able to get good HD video for DVDs.

I don't know any of the Chicago Lights. I'm not much of a sports fan, let alone a Chicago sports fan. I know most of the people from ACE....

Proof enough that my bias would be in the opposite direction and yet the Chicago Lights was still my favorite display of the convention!

ACE was a fantastic show too though! (In case any of the ACE crew is watching)

I loved the Lion King intro.

I don't know any of the Chicago Lights....

I know most of the people from ACE....

I'm confused...

I mean I don't know the members of the Chicago Lights crew, but I do know a lot of people who work for ACE Pyro (who did the Grand Public Display). Point I was trying to make was that I can say without bias that the Chicago Lights display was damn good.

My post looks a bit awkward now but I swear it seemed to make more sense back when I posted it :P

Now I feel silly, I clearly don't know the ACE crew as well as I thought I did :P

It would be more correct to say that I know the ACE people from SE Michigan.

Edited by flying fish