PGI 2012 - Fire in the Sky

asilentbob

Are you going to PGI 2012 this year?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Are you going?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't decided yet
    • Want to, but feel I wont be able to because of (blank)
    • Other

Surprised no one posted this yet.

http://pgi.org/convention/

Who is going? I didn't make much money this year and I had been having a hard time deciding if I would go or not. I decided yesterday that I would definitely go. So renewing membership and registering for the convention now.

Not sure if I'll be splitting the cost of an RV on site with a bunch of guys or staying somewhere else yet.

What about everyone else?

LaPorte is about 2 hours away from my house, I'll be there all week. I will be camping in a tent in the HPA compound. Look me up in the manufacturing area.

I'll be there. Staying in Michigan City. If there are enough people going we should have an APC meet and greet sometime.

WB

Edited by WonderBoy

I'll be there all week too and I'll be staying on site in the camping area with WPAG members. I usually build in the manufacturing areas. I was hoping not to hang out in the manufacturing area this year but maybe I'll travel light and spend sometime there anyway. GAWD I'm already going against my game plan!tongue2.gif

Mark

My game plan has changed several times already too. We will see what happens come August.

Me +three, camper on site, bicycles, rockets

-dag

That just sounds scary. Picture something like a Wiley Coyote contraption.

I'd like to go but won't be able to. One I'm not a member yet. And two I definatly don't have the money for it. Too many things on my plate at the moment.

That just sounds scary. Picture something like a Wiley Coyote contraption.

Hmmmmmm, rockets on bicycles. Now I have an idea. ;)

BTW- was that shooting them from a bike or using them to power the bike... or BOTH?

-dag

BTW- was that shooting them from a bike or using them to power the bike... or BOTH?

-dag

Rocket powered bike...because I don't hurt myself enough just pedaling on our trails.

-dag

I was thinking more using them to power the bike. Shooting from the bike would probably just be fun.

I'll be there, also staying in Michigan City. Passfire is having a gathering, most the people here that's going are also part of Passfire.

I'll be there, also staying in Michigan City. Passfire is having a gathering, most the people here that's going are also part of Passfire.

Thursday at noon at manufacturing I think.

-dag

If you observe a tall dude, with long blond hair, wondering aimlessly, in and out of the chemical and supply tent, or building, several times a day, with a big shit grin on his face, there is a good probability, it would be me. :rolleyes: I will bring some extra disposable rope, for the Super String.

-dag

Dag-

Make sure you take the headers of this time.....The jibbly's might hurt a little otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there Sunday and Tues-Fri

I know some of the ACE guys pretty well so I will probably spend a lot of my time helping with their show.

If I get the time I'm hoping to do a little manufacturing. I've been talking about this mint berry crunch shell for years now. It's the power of mint and berry combined with a satisfying crunch!

The mint and berry are green and purple, of course, but I'm having trouble figuring out what the crunch is.

Is it crackling? Is it timed reports? A bottom shot?

T-minus 1 hour till I leave for PGI!!!!

Camper-check

Gear-check

Press-check

Cigars-check

Rocket Test Rig Version 1.1- CHECK!!

WHOOT!

-dag

Off work at 7am tomorrow, then packing. Leaving for LaPorte Saturday morning, should be there before noon!

I'm in d-13 camping or the second table on the right in manufacturing. Come see me!

Please check out my last YouTube video, it's the opening shot of PGI

-dag

Edited by dagabu

I set up in the overflow manufacturing area to the far left when you walk in. So far, all of my rocket motors have worked like I expected, my color headers not so much.

The opening shows were spectacular. 2 very different and amazing pyromusicals and a true Heartland style National Anthem. I am proud to be a member of a club with the talent that was displayed.