APC Forum

Which is the better rubber star formula

FlaMtnBkr

In the Skylighter article on rubber stars and screen slicing, Ned has 2 formulas for red and green. The first are the "brilliant" formulas and the second is the rainbow of colors using perc and carbonates.

Which has the better colors? I imagine the brilliant red and green have better color but thought I would ask to see if anyone has tried both.

Thanks!

...the difference being the "brilliant" one uses strontium nitrate and the other strontium carbonate...

I've only used the strontium nitrate version and they were very, very bright. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the "brilliant" version.

In the Skylighter article on rubber stars and screen slicing, Ned has 2 formulas for red and green. The first are the "brilliant" formulas and the second is the rainbow of colors using perc and carbonates.

Which has the better colors? I imagine the brilliant red and green have better color but thought I would ask to see if anyone has tried both.

Thanks!

I have never tried the metal carbonate formulas(except blue) , but i will say the red brilliant and green are my only formulas I have been using for red and green for a year now. They are very bright and some friends said it was the best red and green they had ever seen in mortar shells.

I did however try the rubber blue the kclo4 based comp. with the copper carbonate and i have to say i didn't like it, the blue seems washed out to me, also it has the habit of blowing blind, even after good priming, the brilliant stars have no problems with this. I have still yet to find a good blue star based off kclo4....

OH! and by the way I would recommend trying his chartreuse formula, it's an interesting color.

D1/Brilliant Rubber Green shell- http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/gallery/image/1728-3-plastic-ball-shell-brilliant-rubber-green-and-d1-glitter-shells/

Edited by alexpyro101