APC Forum

Kno3/German Dark/ S without boric acid?

PyroCube

Hi all

I put a booster consisting of Kno3/Dark Al/ S 50/30/20 in my shells.

I haven`t got any boric acid, however, can I store them for 3 weeks without the flash

loosing power?

Greets

use diaper method of mixing always.Never screen all this chemicals together,its dangerous to make this mixture without boric acid espicially when it is wet.

Never store this mixture for a long time and in much quantity.

I hope it`s totally dry in my ballshells and maximum amount in one

shell is 5g...

Greets

It's not dangerous to make that without boric acid unless you get the mix wet! Of course pasting a shell may introduce a Bit of moisture into the contents. Plus Your contents should be totally dry beforehand.

However I wouldn't worry in the slightest bit about storing that shell, not at all. Even though your shells Should be fine, it's no reason to disregard any extra procedure or chemical that adds safety!!!

Go to Walmart and get boric acid for 4$, it's used for ant control. It's pure and works great!

Hey swapnilsutar1988, your avatar is a picture of one of my shells!! Haha I'm flattered!

I have also seen boric acid in the dollar store which claims to be quite pure and I think is 8 oz for a dollar. I think they sell it as roach killer.

Hey swapnilsutar1988, your avatar is a picture of one of my shells!! Haha I'm flattered!

I picked it out because i like that shell....hahaha

Make Flash powder without boric acid is not dangerous if you don't keep them for a long time so i thinks 3 weeks is a bit dangerous,

I get my Boric acid on E-bay, I've bought 100 gramms for 4USD 2smile.gif

I once let 30 grams of potassium chlorate/German Black stand in a plastic container for nine months. Nothing happened, and the performance was as good as if it had been made the same day.

Nowadays I only use potassium perchlorate for flash, though, even though I do make silver stars with potassium chlorate and 19% German Black (Lancaster Silver).

You don't even need boric acid in nitrate flash, it's not necessary. Diapering is a pointless procedure, screen the flash as with everything else in pyro. I got a tub of that white cloud flash setting here that is as fresh as when I mixed it almost a year ago.

Make Flash powder without boric acid is not dangerous if you don't keep them for a long time so i thinks 3 weeks is a bit dangerous,

I get my Boric acid on E-bay, I've bought 100 gramms for 4USD 2smile.gif

YOUCH!! It's $1.99 a pound in ten pound lots here in the USA.

-dag