APC Forum

Look at that people - very nice daytime fireworks

Pirotecnia

That's very cool. As I understand, daytime fireworks are a lot more complicated to make, so it makes it even cooler when you see it. I used to make small star mines out of pieces of comp from a smoke ball just for fun.

I've seen it before, but it's very nice. In my country there are never any daytime fireworks, although I think they are very cool.

I've seen this too and wish I could replicate it.

I have launched colored chalk filled ball shells with a Vit F charge to burst and disperse the chalk dust a bit. Those work really well and I would guess that if I were able to find more colors than the ones they use in chalk snap lines I might be able to create some sort of rainbow design in the sky=. Of course it would also take some precise electronic launch work but this can be done too. So with a little experimentation and some help from someone who knew computer controlled e-launching better than I do, I would be game to give a more modest display a go. Of course I am also thinking that some of the dyes used to make smoke could be used plus there are minerals that, when powdered, have a beautiful color to them, it's a matter of researching hat will work and trying them until I find those that work best for this then putting it all together. Just as a side note, a 4 inch plastic ball is the largest I have found that will produce a good return for the effort. At this size the spread is as large as it will get and looks as good as you are going to see. Smaller than this and the puff isn't so great, though a 3" is OK, and larger is just a waste of materials.

Check Dan Cregan's page for more on Daylight shells if you'd like to see how they are made, at least this is the method I used.

Edited by warthog