APC Forum

Hey fellows... thought I'd drop by

Swede

:lol: Many of you know me... I was extremely active here for a few years, did lots of blogging, and then fell in love with the (per)chlorate process, which is where my energies and motivations ended up. Then, I sort of vanished. I was working on some small BP rockets, having too many CATO's which were rocking the neighborhood, and the word came back to "calm it down a bit". Plus, we have regular droughts here in TX and I could not shake an image of me starting some huge wild fire that engulfs homes.

Pursuits took me in other directions. My kids were getting set to go off to college, and things were just spectacularly busy. Probably the worst thing was I lost most of my ability to test pyrotechnics creations, and that was an extreme drag. It's painful having a lot of chems, materials, and even time, and not being able to test.

The my daughter needed a topic for a science project, a big one. I immediately suggested "The effects of pH on chlorate electrolysis cell efficiency using Mixed Metal Oxide Anodes." I figured the title alone had enough technobabble to impress even the dumbest judge. We had a blast, and gathered some good data. I remembered how much fun it was. So I'm hanging out on Science Madness, but it's slow there, and pjig says "Come on back", so here I am.

I cannot make 6" shells. I can make small rockets and festival balls, stuff like that. But more than anything, I enjoy the experimental side of things. (per)chlorates, as mentioned. I am convinced the day will come when it will be almost impossible to buy oxidizers, and if one can make them, well, you're good to go. Energetic chemistry of all sorts. New propellants. Maybe HP rocketry one of these days. Turning NaCl into NH4ClO4 is very possible - better make sure there are no chlorates - and I think it'd be cool to do so. Rocket fuel from salt and electricity, can't beat that.

So I look forward to poking around and seeing what's up. I recognize a lot of names here, lots of new guys too which is always a good thing.

Seriously, welcome back!

Your posts were always informative and entertaining!

Im glad to see you back !!! Thanks for taking the advise , It is great to see the Legends come back!!! We all have missed you, and your skilled input . I know life can be very busy with kids... I completely understand!!! My kids too love science , and I cant wait to do a project with them in school as well. 2rolleyes.gif

Hi Swede,

Welcome back, glad to see you. :D

If you get a chance, PM me. I've got a ton of cool stuff to share and bring you up to date on my (slow) progress. Thanks again for all your help and useful suggestions.

WSM B)

Holy Radial Engines, Batman! Glad you're back. I was a bit worried you'd died in some freak flying accident.

It's great seeing an active forum like this... so many forums over the years I've enjoyed only to see them fade away. It looks like APC is going strong.

Thanks for all the kind comments. WSM, I'll be in touch. Unfortunately, I have loads of work for the next two days, so it'll be a short while. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Glad that you checked in with us Swede, even more happy that you are OK and still following your passions. I know I have missed you as well as many others here and am glad you are back.

Take your time, we will still be here.

-dag

Good to meet you finally, your reputation proceeds you, and I offer many thanks for your blog. Look forward to reading about your new endeavours!

Swede, nice to have you back! Everyone has some periods in their lives when pyro is not all that matters, but still you have info that matters a lot to other people. Kids take time, as many things in life do. But never stop thinking, never stop exploring whatever your interests are! APC is alive and kicking, in my opinion because there are some really dedicated pro's here. You're one of 'em.