APC Forum

Drying Chamber, where to buy the heater?

alexpyro101

I'm looking to build a star drying chamber, and the only problem i have is finding the ceramic heater. Anyone know of any stores that carry them, preferably chain stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.)

Any replies are appreciated,

thanks .

I got mine from Ace hardware, you might look online, since they aren't really in session and likely not stocked.

My Walmart has a good one. It is a ceramic heater that has a low and high setting as well as a thermostat that shuts it down at varying temps. It does not have a safety switch on the bottom that has to be depressed to work. I find that makes it easier because you can fit the heater anywhere and not worry about switch. I think the brand is Sunbeam and it was around $15 and I think they stock it year round.

I think I have the same one Flamtnbkr. It does seem to have some sort of safety switch in it. If I tilt it too much, or knock it off my window sill, it turns off. One feature I'd recommend on a heater is an option for only the fan. This can help to dry some things that are more sensitive to heat such as some glitters.

I think I have the same one Flamtnbkr. It does seem to have some sort of safety switch in it. If I tilt it too much, or knock it off my window sill, it turns off. One feature I'd recommend on a heater is an option for only the fan. This can help to dry some things that are more sensitive to heat such as some glitters.

Smart, i was thinking of buying one with fan only or heat only setting but i couldn't really think of a reason behind it.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'll go and look for some heaters soon.