APC Forum

Does anyone know which glitter formula this is?

PyroAce

These rockets are impressive as it is, but the glitter stars at 2:38 are perfect! Does anyone know the formula? Looks like he got the right amount of water when making them, they twinkle for ages!

Edited by PyroAce

These rockets are impressive as it is, but the glitter stars at 2:38 are perfect! Does anyone know the formula? Looks like he got the right amount of water when making them, they twinkle for ages!

Chemical Name: Parts: Weigh:

Barium Nitrate 51

Sulfur 22

Magnalium, granular, -100 mesh 15

Potassium Nitrate 7

Dextrin 5

Tare: Total: 100

NOTES:

Based upon Bleser's White strobe, with an increase in Sulfur and a decrease in MgAl. Specced "64% 200 mesh 36% 100 mesh" for the MgAl gradation. Additional tips included cutting to 1/4" but no larger, prime with BP, they light easily.

-dag

Chemical Name: Parts: Weigh:

Barium Nitrate 51

Sulfur 22

Magnalium, granular, -100 mesh 15

Potassium Nitrate 7

Dextrin 5

Tare: Total: 100

NOTES:

Based upon Bleser's White strobe, with an increase in Sulfur and a decrease in MgAl. Specced "64% 200 mesh 36% 100 mesh" for the MgAl gradation. Additional tips included cutting to 1/4" but no larger, prime with BP, they light easily.

-dag

Have you seen the video? It's a glitter effect, not a strobe.

So it is! I don't know if I have the one that he used though, it could be either D-1 or 39-J but mine do not look like that, they twinkle more and with smaller flashes.

-dag

Winokur #20

Potassium Nitrate 48

Sulfur 17

Magnalium Granular -200 mesh 12

Charcoal Airfloat 10

Sodium Bicarbonate 5

Iron (III) Oxide, red 4

Dextrin 4

Winokur #20

Potassium Nitrate 48

Sulfur 17

Magnalium Granular -200 mesh 12

Charcoal Airfloat 10

Sodium Bicarbonate 5

Iron (III) Oxide, red 4

Dextrin 4

This composition is noted to be a D1 like glitter with a slight delay and longer hang time. Producing glitter and strobe like flashes of gold before it burns out. If it is not this particular formula...it is 19 or 21

This composition is noted to be a D1 like glitter with a slight delay and longer hang time. Producing glitter and strobe like flashes of gold before it burns out. If it is not this particular formula...it is 19 or 21

Nice find Bcorso, I may have to try that one.

-dag

That shell in the video is not Win20, and Win20 is not like D1.

Thank you everyone for the replies, I am really keen on finding out precisley which formula it is, it's one of the best gitters I have seen, the hang time is amazing, and they are very bright stars.

Would anyone know the maker of these rockets in the video, is he a member in any of the organizations or on any forums?

That's one of TR's rockets, and it looks a lot like Jerry Taylor's tremalon formula. Edited by californiapyro

I'm going through a glitter phase right now and I've been playing around with alot of glitters. The gold glitters are really a bronze color like the one you have showed us. Its damn close.

Here is a you tube of Winokur 20. For a longer dealy add more Sodium Bicarbonate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAIJU7fEgwc

Nice find Bcorso, I may have to try that one.

-dag

Thanks Dag.:whistle:

Pyro Ace....Have fun!