APC Forum

Whistle without whistle

dangerousamateur

I just got another thought:

How do I make my whistles silent without reducing the speed to much?

Adding charcoal to the fuel?

Or mix it with BP, making some kind of hybrid fuel?

And in your opinion, how much is needed for both types to reduce the whistling sound to the degree of normal BP rockets?

I want to use a normal short whistle spindle, so when the burning speed suffers to much it's useless. Hybrid rockets use much bigger spindles.

Edited by dangerousamateur

you want whistle mix that doesn't whistle?

um take your sodium benzoate expose to moisture/humidity and make make whistle mix from it guarantee you will get fast nozzless rocket fuel without the whistle :P

Oh, I overloked that one.

But theres no final solution... did you finally found something that works?

"Super Fuel" with 5% charcoal seems to be not much slower but still whistling quite loud.

Oh, I overloked that one.

But theres no final solution... did you finally found something that works?

"Super Fuel" with 5% charcoal seems to be not much slower but still whistling quite loud.

Add more charcoal, it kills the whistle in the proper amounts.

-dag

Or just use something like bp in the delay, since that's what does most the whistling. If you use hot fuel, and a longer, wider spindle, it will make a short squeak off the pad, but the rest of the flight will be quiet.

Add more charcoal, it kills the whistle in the proper amounts.

In proper amounts it reduces the speed too... ;)

Or just use something like bp in the delay, since that's what does most the whistling. If you use hot fuel, and a longer, wider spindle, it will make a short squeak off the pad, but the rest of the flight will be quiet.

I was thinking about something like that.

Just like a typical strobe rocket, with the strobe exchanged for BP. I'll try that.