APC Forum

sizzling comets

Bcorso85

There's a new effect I want to try and it is the magnesium fueled sizzling comets. I found some formulas in AFN 3 and purchased some magnesium. Unfortunately I purchased 325 mesh. The formula calls for granular 40 mesh. Can I still make the comets, just with a lower volume, and smaller flame envelope?

at that size, it's likely the magnesium won't crackle. are you sure it's not magnalium the composition calls for?

I checked and its magnesium. Do you have any compositions for magnalium

Sorry its atomotized magnesium*

I have a magenta crackling star...

Potassium Perchlorate 35 Mg/Al 60-80 mesh 25 CuO 10 Strontium Nitrate 10 Parlon 18 Charcoal  2 Dextrin +6 Bind with 25/75

can you post your comp?

Potassium perc 64

Red gun 10

Parlon. 10

Strontium Carb 13

Dextrin 5

To make sizzling add magnesium atomized 20-50 mesh. 15

There are also blue and purple colors posted.

I have a magenta crackling star...

Potassium Perchlorate 35 Mg/Al 60-80 mesh 25 CuO 10 Strontium Nitrate 10 Parlon 18 Charcoal  2 Dextrin +6 Bind with 25/75

can you post your comp?

Haha, I was looking at the composition and I said to myself "that looks familiar..." and then I realised that that's the comp I made! I knew I'd seen it before :P

haha, yes I remember you gave it to me a while back. hope you dont mind me posting :)

haha, yes I remember you gave it to me a while back. hope you dont mind me posting :)

Not at all mate, but from here on in you can it "crackling magenta '05". Refer to the testing video if you use the comp in a vid or such material if you're feeling generous. tongue2.gif