APC Forum

Philosophy and quotes

50AE

Sometimes I love writing my own quotes. Mostly when I drink a little. If you do too, this thread is for you. :)

Because I easily forgot my quotes, so thank God I share some of them in facebook. Here I have some:

"There is no easy profession. There's the moment when one must decide what to make of life."

"The human nature is too complicated to be explained with words."

"Smash or be smashed"

"It's good to put yourself in another's shoes. But sometimes you should ask yourself, does he do the same for you"?

"Money can come back, but time cannot"

Edited by 50AE

"Hulk, smash!"

Great movie, brought the wife to see it on Mothers day.

-dag

I trolled my friends who were going to the first midnight showing by saying I'm waiting until it comes out on video to see it. Then I saw it with my brother and parents the other night.

Back on topic, here's one of my quotes... "Not liking fireworks causes cancer"

Edited by flying fish

"It's good to put yourself in another's shoes. But sometimes you should ask yourself, does he do the same for you"?

not sure what the point of this one is really. so I will add one of my own to express this feeling...

"Putting yourself in another's shows isn't about what have you done for me lately."

You do this to understand another person and if they are not willing or able to do the same it isn't something that matters.

If it you do it because you feel like you are owed the same then you are going to get disappointed often.

Most people could give two farts about what another person feels, they just want to know what they can do for them, at least in these days of it ain't my fault it's my gene's/parent's/society's/etc...

I guess though you did come up with that when you were drinking. ;)

no wait, you do address what I am saying...

"Smash or be smashed"

that about means the same as the first one in that if it is for personal consideration that you attempt to empathize with another, then you obviously are not going to succeed because the the other person will sense your insincerity and smash you so you had better smash them first. sort of a sad worldview if you ask me. 2huh.gif

Edited by warthog

or "be smashed" as in get drunk ;) Edited by californiapyro

"They say you have to eat a bucket of perchlorate before you die"

Spoken at Pyro Playa, when offered a plate of delicious cut fruit during manufacturing

"Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines."

"Vegetarian: An indian word for lousy hunter."

"Experience is the lesson you learn right after you really need it."

"In an argument Men use reason and never have enough, Women use emotion and always have too much."

-dag

• 11 months later...
"If a tree falls in the forrest and there is nobody around to hear it, do several generations of people still talk about it?"

If a man is in a forest with no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese ( my own )

The loudest lion is often the biggest pussy ( my own)

Dan.

Reviving an old thread can be fun! :P

"Always leave yourself a way out" - Yeager

"Take offs are optional, landings mandatory" - my own

"Locks are for honest people." - my Dad

I like reading/hearing awe-inspiring quotable authors/speakers, and I'll share the wisdom of my favorite:

Richard Feynman, quite a character, been (re)watching videos of him, as he occasionally throws in his humor with the mind blowing theoretical implications of QED equations (what is light, and why does it do such strange things?) He makes analogies to help people take a glimpse of what nature is doing, which he admits no one really understands (even though he got a Nobel prize for it)..For those not familiar and interested, I suggest watching some of his videos, they don't involve math usually..

He has great history, starting at the manhattan project; making a scene (o-ring in ice) as a challenger explosion investigator, and played bongo drums in africa.

http://showblogs.syfy.com/eureka/idealab/2012/06/15/feynman-stamp-lg.jpg

he summed up this while recalling seeing a ball move in his wagon as a kid, he asked his dad why it did that, and his dad said "no one knows why, its a great mystery. they call it intertia", i'll add related quotes & my favs from wikiquot:

I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something.

I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious universe without having any purpose which is the way it really is as far as I can tell

Some people say, "How can you live without knowing?" I do not know what they mean. I always live without knowing. That is easy. How you get to know is what I want to know.

People are always wanting to know the things we don't know, and they don't give us a chance to tell them anything about what we know pretty well.

While I am describing to you how Nature works, you won't understand why Nature works that way. But you see, nobody understands that.

Do not keep saying to yourself, if you can possibly avoid it, "But how can it be like that?" because you will get "down the drain," into a blind alley from which nobody has yet escaped. Nobody knows how it can be like that.

The "paradox" is only a conflict between reality and your feeling of what reality "ought to be."

but reality is quite strange, throwing out our common sense perceptions of time, space, ; the future can even appear to affect the past (quantum eraser delayed choice), things existing as probability like a program is behind it, information seems to be the fundamental bits to the universe. general relativity concepts were hard for me to grasp (gravity and acceleration slowing time down) but easy to picture compared to entanglement, superpositions of probability, etc. hope i spread some interest.

• Like 1